Channel 4 lands Shop Direct for 4oD launch
By Chloe Smith, mediaweek.co.uk, Thursday, 04 April 2013 03:42PM
Shop Direct Group has been named as the commercial launch partner of 4oD on Sky in a six-month deal that starts on Saturday.
The partnership, brokered by Carat, will enable Shop Direct to promote its Isme, Littlewoods and Very.co.uk brands. One brand per month will be featured in front of all catch-up 4oD content on Sky.
The brands will also appear in the pre-roll of the first ad breaks in all Channel 4 content available through Sky's on demand platform.
Jon Owen, retail director at Shop Direct, said: "Television and on demand programming are both key channels for our brands and this partnership with 4oD will enable us to combine the two to reach our customers in a unique and memorable way."
Adrian English, head of media investment at Carat, said: "It provides yet another innovative and engaging element to Shop Direct’s media plan."
The video on demand service, 4oD, was launched on the Sky on demand and Sky Go platforms on 18 March 2013, allowing more viewers to catch up with their favourite Channel 4 programmes.Follow @chloeellaSmith
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Country Director UK - B2B Marketing Agency PSD Group c£120,000 + package, West of London
- Business Director - Cosmetic FMCG - £65K! Ultimate Asset £55000 - £65000 per annum, London
- Cross media- Direct Response Account Director - £45K Ultimate Asset £40000 - £46000 per annum, City of London
- Media Manager- BOUTIQUE agency- £40K! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Watch: The Economist's interactive Nelson Mandela film