Channel 4 lands Shop Direct for 4oD launch
By Chloe Smith, mediaweek.co.uk, Thursday, 04 April 2013 03:42PM
Shop Direct Group has been named as the commercial launch partner of 4oD on Sky in a six-month deal that starts on Saturday.
The partnership, brokered by Carat, will enable Shop Direct to promote its Isme, Littlewoods and Very.co.uk brands. One brand per month will be featured in front of all catch-up 4oD content on Sky.
The brands will also appear in the pre-roll of the first ad breaks in all Channel 4 content available through Sky's on demand platform.
Jon Owen, retail director at Shop Direct, said: "Television and on demand programming are both key channels for our brands and this partnership with 4oD will enable us to combine the two to reach our customers in a unique and memorable way."
Adrian English, head of media investment at Carat, said: "It provides yet another innovative and engaging element to Shop Direct’s media plan."
The video on demand service, 4oD, was launched on the Sky on demand and Sky Go platforms on 18 March 2013, allowing more viewers to catch up with their favourite Channel 4 programmes.Follow @chloeellaSmith
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Digital Project Manager Purple Consultancy £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- Freelance DM Project Manager Purple Consultancy £36000 - £42000 per annum, London
- Business Director/Managing Partner Purple Consultancy £80000 - £90000 per annum, London
- Graphic Designer AF Selection £18,000 - £26,000, Derbyshire
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £28000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne