Coke and Coke Zero 'taste the same', claims TV ad
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 05 April 2013 09:41AM
Coca-Cola is launching a Coke Zero TV campaign that showcases the brand's "taste the possibilities" ethos with a novel twist.
Coca-Cola is heavily marketing what it believes is the closeness in taste between regular Coke and its lower-calorie offshoot, Coke Zero.
It shows cinema-goers who ordered a Coca-Cola in a red branded cup cup, getting a Coke Zero instead.
The ad reveals that most of the audience were taken aback when they pulled out the black cups to find they had been drinking Coke Zero – indicating the closeness in taste of the two drinks, claims Coca-Cola.
The campaign is launching across the UK and parts of North Western Europe, following its airing in Spain and Italy.
The ad was created by Publicis and airs for the first time in the UK today.
The TV ad is part of a wider campaign that will run across digital, outdoor and print, along with in-store activity.
Zoe Howarth, marketing director for Coca-Cola Great Britain, said: "The new Coke Zero campaign encourages continued dialogue with our target audience, portraying a new and engaging side to the brand while still communicating the Coke Zero ethos."Follow @joneddyreynolds
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior UX/IA Mobile Designer - 3 Month Contract - London Network Career Consultants £300 - £350 per day, London
- Junior Account Executive Pitch Consultants £15000 - £18000 per annum, Birmingham
- French Speaking Graphic designer | Corporate communications - Global Healthcare Brand Aquent Competitive day rate, Hertfordshire
- Client Services Director - Full-Service Digital Agency Silverdrum to £55,000 + benefits, London