Havas launches digital agency in China
Havas has launched a digital agency in China called Socialistic, which is part of Havas Worldwide Digital and is being headed up by former Wunderman UK chief Brendan Tansey.
The agency will specialise in digital work in Greater China, with a strong focus on social media, which is growing fast in China where it has its own range of social networks including the likes of Twitter-like service Sina Weibo.
Tansey, who left Wunderman last June, will be chief executive. He spent five years at Wunderman after joining from Euro RSCG Australia, where he was also chief executive.
David Jones, chief executive of Havas, said that China was at the beginning of a new generation of global brands and the next wave of social innovation.
He said: "Brendan's task will be to continue the exciting growth trajectory of our digital business in China. I am delighted to welcome him back to the Havas Group and excited about the impact he can make creating a world class digital agency."
During his time with Euro RSCG (now Havas Worldwide), Tansey founded digital agency Euro RSCG Interaction in Sydney and helped to build a digital network across Asia.
Tansey said: "I'm immensely excited to be starting an agency in the greatest market in the world. I firmly believe China's more collective mindset will generate the next wave of the social revolution with platforms like WeChat and Weibo being the evidence.
"Combine that with what's happening economically and the speed of brand evolution, and there could be no more exciting place to build a social agency right now."
The agency opens its doors with a staff of 20 people based in Shanghai. Clients include Jala, Ivory baby, Peugeot, Danone infant nutrition, Hersheys, Freescale and Seagate.Follow @gordonmacmillan
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Exhibitions - London tfconnect global recruitment £22,000 - £25,000 + Commission, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Retail Consultant Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign