Old Spice launches humorous soap campaign
Old Spice has launched a comical ad campaign to promote its new brand of scented soap.
The spot, "shower", created by Wieden & Kennedy Portland, mocks the classical jingle-based soap ads from the past.
Created by art director Croix Gagnon and copywriter Nathaniel Lawlor, the ad features a man in the shower using the Old Spice soap.
He is then showered on continually while driving to work, at work as a surgeon and out on a date. A jingle plays throughout the ad with a running commentary.
The 30-second ad aims to comically demonstrate how men can wash the "manly way" using scented soap.
Steve Rogers directed the spot through Biscuit Filmworks/Revolver Film. The creative directors on the ad were Jason Bagley and Craig Allen.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Field Manager - Experiential Agency - up to £34k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £34k, west london
- Digital Lead with Integrated Agency Gemini Search £60000 - £75000 per annum, City of London
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads