Old Spice launches humorous soap campaign
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 09 April 2013 12:07PM
Old Spice has launched a comical ad campaign to promote its new brand of scented soap.
The spot, "shower", created by Wieden & Kennedy Portland, mocks the classical jingle-based soap ads from the past.
Created by art director Croix Gagnon and copywriter Nathaniel Lawlor, the ad features a man in the shower using the Old Spice soap.
He is then showered on continually while driving to work, at work as a surgeon and out on a date. A jingle plays throughout the ad with a running commentary.
The 30-second ad aims to comically demonstrate how men can wash the "manly way" using scented soap.
Steve Rogers directed the spot through Biscuit Filmworks/Revolver Film. The creative directors on the ad were Jason Bagley and Craig Allen.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Brand Comms Manager Major Players £45000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Front End Developer fishtank £24000 - £27000 per annum, Bath
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot