Old Spice launches humorous soap campaign
Old Spice has launched a comical ad campaign to promote its new brand of scented soap.
The spot, "shower", created by Wieden & Kennedy Portland, mocks the classical jingle-based soap ads from the past.
Created by art director Croix Gagnon and copywriter Nathaniel Lawlor, the ad features a man in the shower using the Old Spice soap.
He is then showered on continually while driving to work, at work as a surgeon and out on a date. A jingle plays throughout the ad with a running commentary.
The 30-second ad aims to comically demonstrate how men can wash the "manly way" using scented soap.
Steve Rogers directed the spot through Biscuit Filmworks/Revolver Film. The creative directors on the ad were Jason Bagley and Craig Allen.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Project Manager Red Sofa London £40000 - £50000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- PPC Campaign Executive - London Search Agency Silverdrum to £25,000 + benefits, London
- UK Marketing Controller Better Placed Recruitment £40000 - £49000 per annum + Car Allowance + Bonus , Greater Manchester
- Senior Account Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment Competitive Salary, Birmingham
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity