Old Spice launches humorous soap campaign
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 09 April 2013 12:07PM
Old Spice has launched a comical ad campaign to promote its new brand of scented soap.
The spot, "shower", created by Wieden & Kennedy Portland, mocks the classical jingle-based soap ads from the past.
Created by art director Croix Gagnon and copywriter Nathaniel Lawlor, the ad features a man in the shower using the Old Spice soap.
He is then showered on continually while driving to work, at work as a surgeon and out on a date. A jingle plays throughout the ad with a running commentary.
The 30-second ad aims to comically demonstrate how men can wash the "manly way" using scented soap.
Steve Rogers directed the spot through Biscuit Filmworks/Revolver Film. The creative directors on the ad were Jason Bagley and Craig Allen.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- WPP, Daily Mail and SnapChat launch content agency Truffle Pig
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account