Old Spice launches humorous soap campaign
Old Spice has launched a comical ad campaign to promote its new brand of scented soap.
The spot, "shower", created by Wieden & Kennedy Portland, mocks the classical jingle-based soap ads from the past.
Created by art director Croix Gagnon and copywriter Nathaniel Lawlor, the ad features a man in the shower using the Old Spice soap.
He is then showered on continually while driving to work, at work as a surgeon and out on a date. A jingle plays throughout the ad with a running commentary.
The 30-second ad aims to comically demonstrate how men can wash the "manly way" using scented soap.
Steve Rogers directed the spot through Biscuit Filmworks/Revolver Film. The creative directors on the ad were Jason Bagley and Craig Allen.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Global Events Manager Brompton Bicycle Competitive, London (West), London (Greater)
- Account Director Brand Recruitment £45000 per annum, Cambridge
- SAM Twist Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Consultant - Award Winning PR Agency - Big Brands, Central London Capstone Hill Search £65,000 , W1G 0PW, London (Greater)
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Vizeum retains £14m AB InBev in the UK and adds European markets
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool