Starbucks joins Suspended Coffee homeless initiative
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 10 April 2013 08:00AM
Starbucks has signed up to a charitable initiative called Suspended Coffee, which allows customers to buy a coffee and then reserve one for the homeless.
The move comes as Starbucks seeks to improve its CSR credentials, in light of last year's controversy around the coffee-chain's tax avoidance.
Ian Cranna, vice-president of marketing at Starbucks UK, said: "Coming soon, when a customer buys a Suspended Coffee, we will provide coffee to that value to our long-standing community charity partner Oasis, which will distribute it through community hubs across the UK."
The Suspended Coffee initiative was pioneered in Naples, Italy, and was designed to give coffee drinkers the opportunity to make a charitable donation by reserving a coffee for those unable to afford to buy a drink.
Starbucks has developed its own version of the initiative, so that the coffee chain will match the value of each Suspended Coffee with a cash donation to the Oasis charity.
Cranna added that the campaign "will provide warmth and comfort for those looking for food or a hot cup of coffee".Follow @joneddyreynolds
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Designer - West London Nakama £40 000 + Benefits, West London
- Research Manager Major Players £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Midweight/Senior Digital Designer Digital Gurus £35000 - £45000 Per Annum, London
- Brand Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 per annum, Benefits: + Benefits, Northampton
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'