Julia Corkey succeeds Alex Aiken as Westminster Council head of comms
Westminster Council has appointed Julia Corkey as its permanent director of comms and strategy.
Corkey, who was assistant director of comms and strategy at the council, landed the job ahead of external candidates after a selection process concluded last week.
She had been working in the role on an interim basis since Alex Aiken left earlier this year to become executive director of government comms.
Corkey first joined the council in 1998 to help look after its millennium programme and has since worked with both the comms and policy teams.
She said: ‘I have a strong team and strong foundations left by Alex, and now I want to build on those. Key to moving forward will be driving digital work and delivering comms in a way most convenient to our residents.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
- PR and Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- PR Account Director, Entertainment/Broadcast, £40k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 per annum, London
- SENIOR CREATIVE LEAD - LUXURY ONLINE BRAND Success Digital £40000 - £48000 per annum, London
- Digital Project Manager / Business Analyst - Client Side Salt £35000 - £50000 per annum + + Benefits , London
- Digital Resourcer Creative Recruitment £16000 - £18000 per annum + OTE £20k, City of London
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- Will content kill traditional ad models?