Marks & Spencer opens talks with agencies over CRM task
Marks & Spencer is seeking an agency to handle its CRM account.
The retailer has approached a number of agencies directly ahead of a pitch process.
M&S appointed CMW as its last retained direct marketing agency in 2008 after a pitch. However, the agency has not worked with the retailer for the past couple of years, after M&S brought its CRM activity in-house.
Last month, the retailer moved further away from celebrity fronted marketing, such as the Rosie Huntington-Whiteley 2012 lingerie campaign, when it unveiled its first seasonal outdoor brand campaign for three years. Created by Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, the ads aimed to demonstrate the retailer’s "craftsmanship and innovation".
The M&S Christmas campaign, "the greatest hits", showed a range of M&S products including shoes, toiletries and kidswear, marking a shift from the 2011 campaign starring contestants from The X Factor. The retailer has also focused much of its marketing activity on digital, using social media.
The winning agency will work alongside the retailer’s advertising agency, RKCR/Y&R, and its media agency, Walker Media.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- PPC Executive Stopgap £25000 per annum + 12 month FTC, London
- Part-time Marketing Executive (Energy & Infrastructure) - Manchester PPS Group £20,000-£25,000 PRO RATA, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch