Marks & Spencer opens talks with agencies over CRM task
Marks & Spencer is seeking an agency to handle its CRM account.
The retailer has approached a number of agencies directly ahead of a pitch process.
M&S appointed CMW as its last retained direct marketing agency in 2008 after a pitch. However, the agency has not worked with the retailer for the past couple of years, after M&S brought its CRM activity in-house.
Last month, the retailer moved further away from celebrity fronted marketing, such as the Rosie Huntington-Whiteley 2012 lingerie campaign, when it unveiled its first seasonal outdoor brand campaign for three years. Created by Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, the ads aimed to demonstrate the retailer’s "craftsmanship and innovation".
The M&S Christmas campaign, "the greatest hits", showed a range of M&S products including shoes, toiletries and kidswear, marking a shift from the 2011 campaign starring contestants from The X Factor. The retailer has also focused much of its marketing activity on digital, using social media.
The winning agency will work alongside the retailer’s advertising agency, RKCR/Y&R, and its media agency, Walker Media.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films