Marks & Spencer opens talks with agencies over CRM task
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 11 April 2013 08:00AM
Marks & Spencer is seeking an agency to handle its CRM account.
The retailer has approached a number of agencies directly ahead of a pitch process.
M&S appointed CMW as its last retained direct marketing agency in 2008 after a pitch. However, the agency has not worked with the retailer for the past couple of years, after M&S brought its CRM activity in-house.
Last month, the retailer moved further away from celebrity fronted marketing, such as the Rosie Huntington-Whiteley 2012 lingerie campaign, when it unveiled its first seasonal outdoor brand campaign for three years. Created by Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, the ads aimed to demonstrate the retailer’s "craftsmanship and innovation".
The M&S Christmas campaign, "the greatest hits", showed a range of M&S products including shoes, toiletries and kidswear, marking a shift from the 2011 campaign starring contestants from The X Factor. The retailer has also focused much of its marketing activity on digital, using social media.
The winning agency will work alongside the retailer’s advertising agency, RKCR/Y&R, and its media agency, Walker Media.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- PPC Executive Dot-Gap £19k, London Central
- Account Director (Planning) Dot-Gap £45k + BONUS, London Central
- Account Manager Dot-Gap £35k , London Central