Fallon scoops Mikado pan-European business
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 11 April 2013 08:00AM
Fallon has won the pan-European advertising account for the Mondelez International biscuit brand Mikado, after a four-way pitch.
The agency beat rival Mondelez roster agencies Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam, Ogilvy & Mather Paris and the incumbent, BETC Paris.
Fallon will now create a relaunch campaign to increase Mikado’s appeal to younger consumers and introduce new varieties, which are scheduled to be released later this year. The win marks Fallon’s first move into Mondelez brands beyond Cadbury.
Mondelez’s media agencies, PHD in the UK and Aegis Media in much of the rest of Europe, are not affected by Fallon’s appointment.
BETC Paris created "the photocopier" ad for Mikado in 1999. The ad ran for ten years and showed a female Japanese office worker accidentally photocopying the view up her skirt while trying to reach a packet of Mikado biscuits on a shelf.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Agency Sales Manager - soft-sell, premium inventory, top site! Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, West End
- Insights Project Manager Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 p.a, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director Twist Recruitment £60000 - £65000 per annum, City of London
- Audience Development Director - SEO, Social & Content - CLIENT Ultimate Asset £75000 per annum + bens, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Planner - Charity / DM - Award-winning London agency - to £35k Fill Recruitment £35k plus superb benefits and bonus opportunity!, London (Greater)
- WPP, Daily Mail and SnapChat launch content agency Truffle Pig
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account