TK Maxx kicks off pan-Euro creative pitch
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 11 April 2013 08:00AM
TK Maxx, the retailer, is hunting for its first pan-European creative agency.
The successful shop will support TK Maxx’s internal creative and brand department, which currently runs its advertising.
The brand, which spent £7.6 million on UK media in the year to September 2012 according to Nielsen, is planning to appoint an agency by the end of May as part of a drive to attract customers to its "brands for less" concept, which offers designer and high-street brands for clothing, homeware, gifts and accessories at discounted prices.
Following chemistry meetings, three agencies – Brothers and Sisters, The Brooklyn Brothers and Karmarama – will go head-to-head in the pitch, which is being run through Oystercatchers.
Deborah Dolce, the group marketing director at TK Maxx, said: "We are looking for an agency with strong fashion retail understanding that can help us propel our exciting and unique concept forward."
TK Maxx has an annual turnover of £2 billion in Europe. It launched in the UK in 1994 and now has more than 250 stores across the country. The retailer’s main markets are the UK, Ireland, Poland and Germany.
The brand is currently airing a TV spot, "Do Your Thing", in the UK featuring dancers performing in TK Maxx clothing.
The ad aims to celebrate individual style and its soundtrack is a cover of Do Your Thing by Charles Wright & the Watts 103rd Street Rhythm Band.
The retailer’s media planning and buying is handled by WPP’s Mindshare, which is not affected by the review.
TK Maxx worked with Ogilvy & Mather on a one-off digital brief last year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- eCRM Specialist Salt £25000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus and Bens, London
- Freelance Paid Search Manager Aspire £225 - £300 per day, London
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014