Advertiser confidence on the rise
Confidence among marketers at their company's financial performance is at the highest level for 12 months, according to the latest IPA Bellwether Report. However, this has not translated into a great increase in short-term planned marketing spend.
The report, which surveys marketing directors at 300 UK companies, reveals that, for the final quarter of the 2012/13 financial year, marketing budgets recorded a fall for the fifth successive year.
While the internet continued to put in a strong growth performance, there were declines in main advertising, direct marketing and sales promotion in the final quarter (see chart below).
The Bellwether survey predicts that, while adspend will fall by 0.3 per cent in 2013, it will grow by 2.3 per cent in 2014, with the World Cup that year a key contributor.
Paul Bainsfair, the director-general at the IPA, said: "While there is continued concern about the economic outlook, things do seem to be holding up."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Web Manager Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Digital Communications Manager Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief