Advertiser confidence on the rise
Confidence among marketers at their company's financial performance is at the highest level for 12 months, according to the latest IPA Bellwether Report. However, this has not translated into a great increase in short-term planned marketing spend.
The report, which surveys marketing directors at 300 UK companies, reveals that, for the final quarter of the 2012/13 financial year, marketing budgets recorded a fall for the fifth successive year.
While the internet continued to put in a strong growth performance, there were declines in main advertising, direct marketing and sales promotion in the final quarter (see chart below).
The Bellwether survey predicts that, while adspend will fall by 0.3 per cent in 2013, it will grow by 2.3 per cent in 2014, with the World Cup that year a key contributor.
Paul Bainsfair, the director-general at the IPA, said: "While there is continued concern about the economic outlook, things do seem to be holding up."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Director - Leading Retail Fashion Brand!! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - CHARITY CLIENT - INDEPENDENT MEDIA AGENCY! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + car or c/a, West Midlands
- Marketing Controller Ball & Hoolahan £85,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood