Snickers ad snares bad spellers
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO sabotaged a table football game in London and preyed on poor spellers as part of its latest executions for Snickers' 'You're Not You When You're Hungry' campaign.
AMV BBDO helped Snickers launch the 'You're Not You When You're Hungry' campaign in the UK in 2012, with a TV spot featuring Joan Collins that was set in a men's changing room.
For the latest iteration of the campaign, AMV BBDO worked with Google to bid on misspelled versions of the most commonly searched words, meaning that whenever someone typed a selected word incorrectly into the search engine, they would get a message from Snickers, saying "Yu cant spel properlie wen hungrie".
The stunt reached 500,000 people in the three days it ran without the use of seeding, according to AMV BBDO. Rich McGrann wrote the ad and Andy Clough art directed it.
As part of the same campaign, AMV BBDO also took over a table football game in Bar Kick, Shoreditch on 9 April.
The agency replaced some of the players with useless substitutes, for instance a child-like character that couldn’t reach the ball and an old granny character with rubber legs, to create Snickers Foosball.
Michael Hughes wrote the ad and Dalatando Almeida art directed it.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Analytics Manager - Agency Group Silverdrum Up to £60,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior PHP Developer @ British Fashion Label Digital Gurus £50000 - £70000 Per Annum £50k to £70k + Benefits + Bonus, London
- Senior Digital Account Manager Aspire £35000 - £42000 per annum, Richmond upon Thames
- Client Account Manager EMR £65000 - £75000 per annum, London
- Studio Manager Blue Tree Recruits £28-32k Dependent upon experience, Hungerford, Berkshire