campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 02 May 2013 08:00AM
This week's pitch news.
Agencies are scrambling for a place on the £75 million Morrisons pitchlist. The incumbent, DLKW Lowe, will repitch in a process co-ordinated by the procurement specialist Proxima. It is expected that a portion of the retail work will be taken in-house, with the appointed shop focusing on the brand campaign featuring Ant & Dec. Agency sources say that RFIs must be completed by next Tuesday morning, resulting in a long weekend for those unfortunate enough to land the task of selling their agency’s retail credentials to the supermarket group.
In an interesting development, Diageo has held a pitch for a content creation brief for its premium Johnnie Walker Blue Label whisky and invited a mixture of agencies (including the advertising incumbent, Bartle Bogle Hegarty) and production companies to participate, with RSA Films said to be in the frame. Indeed, there are those who believe that Diageo might start working more closely with production companies – potentially cutting out ad agencies from the process as it looks to develop its own content projects.
Pitches for the John Lewis direct marketing account, managed through AAR, have reached the final stages. Proximity and a consortium featuring Adam & Eve/DDB and Rapp are among the agencies keen to capture the business. The incumbent, Kitcatt Nohr Digitas, is not repitching, focusing instead on the separate Waitrose CRM review that will follow the John Lewis contest.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Director > ATL > TOP LONDON AGENCY collectivo £55,000 - £65,000, London
- planner > HUGE opportunity > BRAVE client collectivo Up to £60,000 + benefits, London (Greater)
- Foodie Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager (senior) Corporate Communications Recruitment circa £55k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Consultant Corporate Communications Recruitment £70-£80k base plus bonus and package, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham