campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 02 May 2013 08:00AM
This week's pitch news.
Agencies are scrambling for a place on the £75 million Morrisons pitchlist. The incumbent, DLKW Lowe, will repitch in a process co-ordinated by the procurement specialist Proxima. It is expected that a portion of the retail work will be taken in-house, with the appointed shop focusing on the brand campaign featuring Ant & Dec. Agency sources say that RFIs must be completed by next Tuesday morning, resulting in a long weekend for those unfortunate enough to land the task of selling their agency’s retail credentials to the supermarket group.
In an interesting development, Diageo has held a pitch for a content creation brief for its premium Johnnie Walker Blue Label whisky and invited a mixture of agencies (including the advertising incumbent, Bartle Bogle Hegarty) and production companies to participate, with RSA Films said to be in the frame. Indeed, there are those who believe that Diageo might start working more closely with production companies – potentially cutting out ad agencies from the process as it looks to develop its own content projects.
Pitches for the John Lewis direct marketing account, managed through AAR, have reached the final stages. Proximity and a consortium featuring Adam & Eve/DDB and Rapp are among the agencies keen to capture the business. The incumbent, Kitcatt Nohr Digitas, is not repitching, focusing instead on the separate Waitrose CRM review that will follow the John Lewis contest.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Senior Account Director - Advertising Spectrum 360 Recruitment £50k - £60k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Data Planner Direct Recruitment £55,000-£70,000, London (Greater)
- Database Executive Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £35,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Selections Executive Direct Recruitment £30,000 + Benefits, London