campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 02 May 2013 08:00AM
This week's pitch news.
Agencies are scrambling for a place on the £75 million Morrisons pitchlist. The incumbent, DLKW Lowe, will repitch in a process co-ordinated by the procurement specialist Proxima. It is expected that a portion of the retail work will be taken in-house, with the appointed shop focusing on the brand campaign featuring Ant & Dec. Agency sources say that RFIs must be completed by next Tuesday morning, resulting in a long weekend for those unfortunate enough to land the task of selling their agency’s retail credentials to the supermarket group.
In an interesting development, Diageo has held a pitch for a content creation brief for its premium Johnnie Walker Blue Label whisky and invited a mixture of agencies (including the advertising incumbent, Bartle Bogle Hegarty) and production companies to participate, with RSA Films said to be in the frame. Indeed, there are those who believe that Diageo might start working more closely with production companies – potentially cutting out ad agencies from the process as it looks to develop its own content projects.
Pitches for the John Lewis direct marketing account, managed through AAR, have reached the final stages. Proximity and a consortium featuring Adam & Eve/DDB and Rapp are among the agencies keen to capture the business. The incumbent, Kitcatt Nohr Digitas, is not repitching, focusing instead on the separate Waitrose CRM review that will follow the John Lewis contest.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- DIGITAL ACCOUNT MANAGER / £35K + Benefits Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show