Arena wins £15m pan-European Betfair business
Arena has been awarded the £15 million consolidated European media planning and buying account for Betfair, following a pitch against Mindshare, Manning Gottlieb OMD and Starcom.
The re-pitch consolidates the European offline and digital display media businesses, including £5 million in the UK.
The account does not include SEO and social media activity, which used to be handled by Essence and is now moving in-house at the internet betting company.
Betfair’s brand director Mark Ody confirmed the spend and said: "Betfair is entering an exciting new phase and I'm delighted that Arena will be a key part of it.
"Arena have demonstrated great expertise, passion and an understanding for the business, and they certainly have digital at the core of their proposition. We look forward to continuing to work with them."
The win will be widely welcomed at Havas Media Group’s Arena following a challenging period in which it lost a number of accounts, including founding client Thomas Cook.
The agency formerly known as Arena Media has since rebranded as Arena and won the bulk of LG’s global media business, a move described as a "game-changer" by Havas.
The media review is part of a wider restructure of Betfair's marketing activities, with the company expected to announce a new creative agency in UK in the coming days.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Sports! Cross Platform Creative Solutions Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential & Bens, London
- Agency Account Director- Programmatic Video Platform Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + commission & benefits, London
- Account Manager EMEA - Ad-tech Company Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + bonus & benefits , London
- Senior PR Account MAnager - Digital AF Selection £30000 - £35000 per annum, Manchester
- Senior Account Director Pitch Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum + benefits, West Midlands
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- The man who made Grey matter
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Programmatic adspend nears £1bn and doubles for mobile