Arena wins £15m pan-European Betfair business
Arena has been awarded the £15 million consolidated European media planning and buying account for Betfair, following a pitch against Mindshare, Manning Gottlieb OMD and Starcom.
The re-pitch consolidates the European offline and digital display media businesses, including £5 million in the UK.
The account does not include SEO and social media activity, which used to be handled by Essence and is now moving in-house at the internet betting company.
Betfair’s brand director Mark Ody confirmed the spend and said: "Betfair is entering an exciting new phase and I'm delighted that Arena will be a key part of it.
"Arena have demonstrated great expertise, passion and an understanding for the business, and they certainly have digital at the core of their proposition. We look forward to continuing to work with them."
The win will be widely welcomed at Havas Media Group’s Arena following a challenging period in which it lost a number of accounts, including founding client Thomas Cook.
The agency formerly known as Arena Media has since rebranded as Arena and won the bulk of LG’s global media business, a move described as a "game-changer" by Havas.
The media review is part of a wider restructure of Betfair's marketing activities, with the company expected to announce a new creative agency in UK in the coming days.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Junior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, West Midlands
- Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan - Top Jobs £28,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Shopper Strategy Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car Allowance, South East England
- Category Marketing Manager - OTC Healthcare Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £55K-£65K + Car Allowance + Significant Bonus, Berkshire/West of London
- Global Insight Manager, Digital Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad
- Blinkbox readies campaign to promote its cinema links