Arena wins £15m pan-European Betfair business
Arena has been awarded the £15 million consolidated European media planning and buying account for Betfair, following a pitch against Mindshare, Manning Gottlieb OMD and Starcom.
The re-pitch consolidates the European offline and digital display media businesses, including £5 million in the UK.
The account does not include SEO and social media activity, which used to be handled by Essence and is now moving in-house at the internet betting company.
Betfair’s brand director Mark Ody confirmed the spend and said: "Betfair is entering an exciting new phase and I'm delighted that Arena will be a key part of it.
"Arena have demonstrated great expertise, passion and an understanding for the business, and they certainly have digital at the core of their proposition. We look forward to continuing to work with them."
The win will be widely welcomed at Havas Media Group’s Arena following a challenging period in which it lost a number of accounts, including founding client Thomas Cook.
The agency formerly known as Arena Media has since rebranded as Arena and won the bulk of LG’s global media business, a move described as a "game-changer" by Havas.
The media review is part of a wider restructure of Betfair's marketing activities, with the company expected to announce a new creative agency in UK in the coming days.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Product Development Manager Premier Inn £Competitive + Benefits, Dunstable, Bedfordshire
- Brand Manager Premier Inn £Competitive + Benefits, Dunstable, Bedfordshire
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Apple unveils 'biggest advancement in the iPhone' and 'Apple Watch'