Arena wins £15m pan-European Betfair business
Arena has been awarded the £15 million consolidated European media planning and buying account for Betfair, following a pitch against Mindshare, Manning Gottlieb OMD and Starcom.
The re-pitch consolidates the European offline and digital display media businesses, including £5 million in the UK.
The account does not include SEO and social media activity, which used to be handled by Essence and is now moving in-house at the internet betting company.
Betfair’s brand director Mark Ody confirmed the spend and said: "Betfair is entering an exciting new phase and I'm delighted that Arena will be a key part of it.
"Arena have demonstrated great expertise, passion and an understanding for the business, and they certainly have digital at the core of their proposition. We look forward to continuing to work with them."
The win will be widely welcomed at Havas Media Group’s Arena following a challenging period in which it lost a number of accounts, including founding client Thomas Cook.
The agency formerly known as Arena Media has since rebranded as Arena and won the bulk of LG’s global media business, a move described as a "game-changer" by Havas.
The media review is part of a wider restructure of Betfair's marketing activities, with the company expected to announce a new creative agency in UK in the coming days.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- PPC Specialist - Amazing Digital Brand ADLIB £22k - £28k, Bristol
- Research Executive Hasson Associates £23000 - £26000 per annum, London
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant