Marketing revolution needed to catch up with technology, says Rory Sutherland
By Magda Ibrahim, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 06 June 2013 12:03PM
Ogilvy Group vice-chairman Rory Sutherland argues that a revolution is needed in marketing to match the past decade's digital strides, in the latest Campaign Talking Inspiration films.
Sutherland said: "In the next ten to 15 years, having had a massive growth spurt in digital in terms of what is technically possible, the next innovation will be at the other end of the tube.
"We need a marketing and human brain science revolution to match the electronic revolution."
Sutherland has shared his views on the use of Twitter, creating value, and direct marketing in the latest set of films in Campaign's Talking Inspiration series, presented by Marc Nohr.
In the videos, Sutherland said: "People themselves don’t know many of the mechanisms they use when making a purchasing decision. The fact that most of our decision-making processes are beyond conscious access seems to put most of research at a dangerous angle."
Don’t miss the outspoken vice-chairman of Ogilvy Group UK sharing his opinions in the new videos on Audi drivers, the power of a name, and how he considers himself a "mental fluffer".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- DIGITAL STRATEGY MANAGER - INTEGRATED MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, East Midlands
- Account Director - International - Video Tech Business Ultimate Asset £50000 - £60000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- DIGITAL ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - MEDICAL COMMUNICATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, Berkshire
- CRM Executive - £30k - London Salt £25000 - £30000 per annum + bens, London