Ocado replaces Morrisons as BB shopping partner
Ocado, the online grocery brand, has signed a significant six-figure deal to become this year's shopping partner of Channel 5's 'Big Brother' and 'Celebrity Big Brother'.
The partnership, which Ocado and Channel 5 negotiated without any agency involvement, will begin with the launch of the new series of the "civilian" ‘Big Brother’ on Thursday 13 June.
During both series of the show, housemates will use a tablet to order their shopping from Ocado. Last year's housemates bought their shopping at Morrisons as part of a significant six-figure deal.
As part of the latest deal, Channel 5’s in-house creative team will make a spot for Ocado that will be shown only during ‘Big Brother' programming.
Jason Gissing, the co-founder of Ocado, said: "We launched Ocado in 2000, the same year that ‘Big Brother’ first hit our screens and we've delivered over 35 million orders since, as more and more people join the internet revolution and make the life changing move to online grocery shopping at ocado.com.
"Housemates being able to order their weekly shop with just a few taps on an iPad will highlight the benefits of Ocado’s superior service to more people than ever before."
There will be editorial coverage of Ocado’s role in the Daily Star, which is also owned by Northern & Shell, as well as online display and social promotion across Channel 5’s online platforms.
Agostino Di Falco, the partnerships director at Northern & Shell, said: "Shopping is an integral part of the ‘Big Brother’ experience. We’re delighted that the first instalment of our partnership with Ocado sees them delivering groceries to the house"
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Planner, Direct Marketing /CRM Agency, London Direct Recruitment £70,000-100,000, London (Greater)
- Account Executive - Partnership Marketing Stonor £18,000 to £20,000, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Gr...
- Account Manager/Senior Account Manager - Integrated - Herts Stonor £28,000 to £35,000 dependent on experience , Bedfordshire / Hertfordshire / London (North), London (Greater)
- Midweight Copywriter (Digital) createselect Up to £38K pa, depending on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Executive - Healthcare GoodEgg Digital £24k + Great Benefits, England
- ASA receives 240 complaints about Sainsbury's Christmas ad
- John Lewis Christmas ad gets three times more views than Sainsbury's in first 24 hours
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Watch: Ant and Dec star in Morrisons' festive campaign
- DigitasLBi is on hunt for new media leader as Ling exits
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK