Ocado replaces Morrisons as BB shopping partner
Ocado, the online grocery brand, has signed a significant six-figure deal to become this year's shopping partner of Channel 5's 'Big Brother' and 'Celebrity Big Brother'.
The partnership, which Ocado and Channel 5 negotiated without any agency involvement, will begin with the launch of the new series of the "civilian" ‘Big Brother’ on Thursday 13 June.
During both series of the show, housemates will use a tablet to order their shopping from Ocado. Last year's housemates bought their shopping at Morrisons as part of a significant six-figure deal.
As part of the latest deal, Channel 5’s in-house creative team will make a spot for Ocado that will be shown only during ‘Big Brother' programming.
Jason Gissing, the co-founder of Ocado, said: "We launched Ocado in 2000, the same year that ‘Big Brother’ first hit our screens and we've delivered over 35 million orders since, as more and more people join the internet revolution and make the life changing move to online grocery shopping at ocado.com.
"Housemates being able to order their weekly shop with just a few taps on an iPad will highlight the benefits of Ocado’s superior service to more people than ever before."
There will be editorial coverage of Ocado’s role in the Daily Star, which is also owned by Northern & Shell, as well as online display and social promotion across Channel 5’s online platforms.
Agostino Di Falco, the partnerships director at Northern & Shell, said: "Shopping is an integral part of the ‘Big Brother’ experience. We’re delighted that the first instalment of our partnership with Ocado sees them delivering groceries to the house"
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £32000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Account Manager Twist Recruitment £25000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, Windsor
- Digital Designer- Retail Brand! Up to £300/day! Nakama up to £300/day!, London
- Account Director - Shopper Marketing Perfect Marketing People To £55k, Manchester
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- Will content kill traditional ad models?