Diary - Michael Palin explores the wilds of Ealing
Michael Palin, the World traveller and Monty Python star, took a pitstop in his usual schedule to open a new studio in West London.
From the Himalayas and the Sahara, to Ealing. Although rumour has it that the "infinity corner" at the new Studio Dog House did remind Palin of his time in the uninterrupted Saharan dunes.
Anyway, the new studio space – the brainchild of TV cameraman Peter Meakin – is in a converted hayloft next to Victorian pub, the Ealing Park Tavern, so any creatives beavering away needn’t go thirsty.
Brentford-based Meakin has previously worked on several of Palin's travelogues including those in the Himalayas and Sahara, and secured an award for his work on Brazil, so who knows when the former Python funnyman may pop up again.
In the meantime, the studio – which opened at the weekend and is named after Meakin’s dog Alfie – is set to host work including commercial and editorial stills and video, including for online card brand Moonpig.
Meakin's partners in the project are photographers Daniel Gardiner and Peter Symons, and consultants Judy Rees and Steve McCann.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing, Education Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: Pension, Healthcare, Bonus Potential , London
- Marketing Manager, Luxury Travel/Events, W. London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, West London
- ACCOUNT HANDLERS - WANTED - £25K TO £40K Stonor £25k to £40k, London & Home Counties
- KitKat's mocking Apple tweet outperforms Oreo's Superbowl
- Social Media Week: what social media has taught us
- TfL launches selfie campaign to encourage people to get home safely
- Argos releases alien swan song ad
- Branded Content sends messages ads cannot, Diageo boss says
- 13 ways to create a winning print ad