Diary - Michael Palin explores the wilds of Ealing
Michael Palin, the World traveller and Monty Python star, took a pitstop in his usual schedule to open a new studio in West London.
From the Himalayas and the Sahara, to Ealing. Although rumour has it that the "infinity corner" at the new Studio Dog House did remind Palin of his time in the uninterrupted Saharan dunes.
Anyway, the new studio space – the brainchild of TV cameraman Peter Meakin – is in a converted hayloft next to Victorian pub, the Ealing Park Tavern, so any creatives beavering away needn’t go thirsty.
Brentford-based Meakin has previously worked on several of Palin's travelogues including those in the Himalayas and Sahara, and secured an award for his work on Brazil, so who knows when the former Python funnyman may pop up again.
In the meantime, the studio – which opened at the weekend and is named after Meakin’s dog Alfie – is set to host work including commercial and editorial stills and video, including for online card brand Moonpig.
Meakin's partners in the project are photographers Daniel Gardiner and Peter Symons, and consultants Judy Rees and Steve McCann.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Senior International Digital Account Manager - Music Accounts! Ultimate Asset £38000 - £45000 per annum + Great Benefits Package , City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager- Retail - up to £45k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40k-£45k plus bonus , London
- Senior Brand Manager - Consumer Health/FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£48K-£55K + Car Allowance + Bonus, West of London/Berks