Diary - Michael Palin explores the wilds of Ealing
Michael Palin, the World traveller and Monty Python star, took a pitstop in his usual schedule to open a new studio in West London.
From the Himalayas and the Sahara, to Ealing. Although rumour has it that the "infinity corner" at the new Studio Dog House did remind Palin of his time in the uninterrupted Saharan dunes.
Anyway, the new studio space – the brainchild of TV cameraman Peter Meakin – is in a converted hayloft next to Victorian pub, the Ealing Park Tavern, so any creatives beavering away needn’t go thirsty.
Brentford-based Meakin has previously worked on several of Palin's travelogues including those in the Himalayas and Sahara, and secured an award for his work on Brazil, so who knows when the former Python funnyman may pop up again.
In the meantime, the studio – which opened at the weekend and is named after Meakin’s dog Alfie – is set to host work including commercial and editorial stills and video, including for online card brand Moonpig.
Meakin's partners in the project are photographers Daniel Gardiner and Peter Symons, and consultants Judy Rees and Steve McCann.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Traffic Manager Dynamic New Alliances £35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, City of London
- Sales Manager Lipton Fleming £40000 - £50000 per annum + Uncapped OTE, London
- Account Manager AF Selection £28,000 plus company car, East Midlands Region / Leicestershire / Nottinghamshire / Derby, Derbyshire / Leicester, Leiceste...
- KitKat's mocking Apple tweet outperforms Oreo's Superbowl
- TfL launches selfie campaign to encourage people to get home safely
- Argos releases alien swan song ad
- 13 ways to create a winning print ad
- Triumph launches Magic Wire bra with Twitter search for women's niggles
- Publicis unveils innovation concept