Burberry partners with Google on digital kisses campaign
By Magda Ibrahim, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 12 June 2013 11:13AM
Burberry has partnered with Google to launch a social campaign that allows users to send their real kisses around the world.
The 'Burberry Kisses' campaign debuts today. It is part of Google’s Art, Copy & Code initiative, which aims to humanise technology through emotive digital experiences.
The experience is hosted on a dedicated platform at Kisses.Burberry.com, where Google Chrome and mobile users can share a kiss with loved ones around the world.
"Kiss recognition technology", described as a digital first, uses a desktop camera or direct lip contact on a touch screen device to capture people’s real kisses.
The kisses can then be shared, along with a personalised message and the option to choose a lip colour from the Burberry Beauty range, with others on Google+ and social media sites.
The campaign has been created in-house by Burberry’s creative team, along with Google.
Christopher Bailey, the chief creative officer at Burberry, said: "We're constantly thinking about how we translate the emotion of what we create and experience in the real world into the digital space.
"Burberry Kisses began with the idea of giving technology a bit of heart and soul, and using it to unite the Burberry family across the world, by telling a story that makes the digital personal."
Burberry Kisses will be captured on a real-time interactive map allowing desktop viewers to see kisses moving around the world, and which cities are sending and receiving the most kisses.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Assistant - 6 Month Contract - Richmond Ninesharp Negotiable, Richmond upon Thames
- Project Manager Dynamic New Alliances £28000.00 - £36000.00 per annum, City of London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up