Campaign Viral Chart: Sony XBox One spoof leads
Sony's PlayStation 4 tops the Campaign Viral Chart this week, with an ad poking fun at recent confusion over whether games can be shared between friends on the new XBox One console from Microsoft.
The Sony ad, created in-house, sets itself up as an instructional video, only to show the two demonstrators simply swapping a game face-to-face. It follows confusion around announcements from Microsoft, which have been understood by many to prohibit the shared and pre-owned games market.
According to Unruly, the ad was shared 626,081 times across the web this week.
Following Apple's Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC) earlier this week, a video showed at the event promoting Apple's design credentials has entered the chart in sixth place.
Created by agency TBWA/Chiat/Day, the video was shared just short of 29,000 times since it hit the web on the second day of the conference, Tuesday 11 June.
In second place, an ad from Adobe, created by Abby Norm, has entered the chart with 467,152 shares.
The ad, in which people waiting at a bus stop are secretly photographed and then 'Photoshopped' into animations played on the side of the same bus stop, promotes Adobe's #CreativeDay hashtag.
After topping the chart last week, insurance firm Geico slips to third place with its "happier than a camel on Wednesday" ad, created by The Martin Agency.
Elsewhere, the controversial "#publooshocker" ad from the Department of Transport, entered the top five most-shared ads with 188,424 shares.
Reaching fourth place, the ad, created by Leo Burnett, has been viewed 6.8 million times.
The chart, produced in conjunction with Unruly, ranks ads by the number of shares they generate across Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere.
1. Sony "official playstation used game instructional video" created in-house
626,081 shares this week
All time: 685,789 shares
2. Adobe "street retouch prank" by Abby Norm
467,152 shares this week
All time: 522,294 shares
3. Geico "happier than a camel on Wednesday" by The Martin Agency
226,963 shares this week
All time: 202,599 shares
4. Department of Transportation "#publooshocker" by Leo Burnett
188,424 shares this week
All time: 74,537 shares
5. Red Bull "gee atherton gets hunted by a peregrine falcon" by Red Bull Media House & BBC Earth Unplugged
37,192 shares this week
All time: 31,690 shares
6. Apple "intention" by TBWA/Chiat/Day
28,942 shares this week
All time: 205,496 shares
7. Cheerios "just checking" by Saatchi NY
28,355 shares this week
All time: 101,139 shares
8. EA "Fifa 14" created in-house
26,701 shares this week
All time: 33,789 shares
9. Sony "greatness awaits" by BBH New York
17,830 shares this week
All time: 54,713 shares
10. Samsung "the best fit for your lifestyle needs" by 72andsunny
17,700 shares this week
All time: shares
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency