IPG ups forecast for UK adspend growth to 2.2%
Magna Global, Interpublic's trading and forecasting arm, has increased its forecast for growth in the UK ad market to 2.2 per cent.
According to figures from the parent group of UM and Initiative, the UK’s ad market will increase by 2.2 per cent year on year in 2013, fuelled by continued growth in digital and "another solid performance" in traditional media.
In its last set of forecasts in March, Magna retained its earlier prediction that the UK ad market would increase by 1.9 per cent year on year. The improvement to 2.2 per cent represents a 15.8 per cent increase.
In the UK, 39 per cent of all adspend is on a digital platform, which is the biggest share globally according to Magna.
Overall, Magna predicts global advertising revenues will grow by 3 per cent year on year to $525 billion (£334.80 billion) in 2013 and then increase by 6.1 per cent year on year in 2014.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + Car/Car allowance , London (Greater)
- Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief
- Phones4u goes into administration