CANNES 2013: Adam & Eve/DDB and Grey only UK shops on creative effectiveness shortlist
UK agencies trail the US in this year's shortlist for the creative effectiveness awards at Cannes, with only two entries, one each for Adam & Eve/DDB and Grey London.
Adam & Eve/DDB was nominated for its work with John Lewis, while Grey London was put forward for its campaign to promote hands-only CPR techniques for the British Heart Foundation.
The US is the best-represented country on the shortlist, occupying four of the 12 spots. Grey New York was nominated for its work with Canon, called "project imagin8ion". Droga5 was put forward for its work with Prudential. Digitas and Crispin Porter & Bogusky New York are being considered for their promotion of small businesses for American Express, and Johannes Leonardo is in the running for its work with Google.
The US also dominated last year’s shortlist for the same award, taking six of the 13 spots. However, it was UK agency Bartle Bogle Hegarty that picked up the Grand Prix in creative effectiveness for its global Axe (called Lynx in the UK) "excite" campaign.
The only other country to bag more than one nomination on the shortlist this year was Australia, with Whybin/TBWA Sydney’s work for Insurance Group Australia and Ogilvy & Mather Sydney’s "share a Coke" campaign both getting the nod.
WIRZ/BBDO Zurich, DDB Group New Zealand, Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam and Saatchi & Saatchi Belgrade also made the shortlist with campaigns for Ikea, Steinlager, Heineken and B92 Fund (a charity) respectively.
The winners in the category will be announced tonight (17 June).
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director Twist Recruitment £40000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Partnerships Account Manager Aspire £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + Excellent benefits, London
- Brand Insight Planner FMCG - 12 month contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£40K-£50K + benefits package, North of London/Hertfordshire