CANNES 2013: UK bags 38 nominations in Outdoor Lions
By Magda Ibrahim, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 17 June 2013 12:30PM
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO London and Ogilvy & Mather London are strong contenders in the Cannes Outdoor Lions category, with a total of 18 nominations between the two agencies.
The total of 38 nominations beats last year’s tally of 35 UK entries on the outdoor shortlist.
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO London has three nominations for its work on Mars Petcare’s Whiskas brand, along with three nominations for its Museum of Childhood work.
Meanwhile, Ogilvy & Mather London received eight nominations for its Expedia work, as well as a further four listings for its Amnesty International campaign.
Also in the outdoor category, Adam & Eve DDB London received a total of five nominations for its work on Harvey Nichols’ "beauty bazaar" and "summer sale" ads.
CHI & Partners has picked up two nominations for its work for News International’s The Times, while Grey London is in the running for three awards for its photography work for News International.
The Assembly Network London has three nominations for Parkinson’s UK work, DLKW Lowe has two, for Unilever’s Domestos and the Microloan Foundation, while Saatchi & Saatchi London is lining up for an award for Guinness’ "made of more" ad.
Publicis Life Brands Resolute, Tribal DDB London and The Corner London are each nominated for one award.
The Outdoor Lions awards will be announced on Tuesday 18 June from 6pm (7pm Cannes time).
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Global Events Manager Brompton Bicycle Competitive, London (West), London (Greater)
- Account Director Brand Recruitment £45000 per annum, Cambridge
- SAM Twist Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Consultant - Award Winning PR Agency - Big Brands, Central London Capstone Hill Search £65,000 , W1G 0PW, London (Greater)
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Vizeum retains £14m AB InBev in the UK and adds European markets
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool