CANNES 2013: John Lewis' Inglis on winning his first Lions
It was the first time Craig Inglis, director of marketing at John Lewis, had attended the Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity, but it proved to be well worth the wait.
John Lewis was awarded its first Cannes Lions in its 149 year history last night for Creative Effectiveness for its ‘From Crying To Buying: How John Lewis Harnessed The Selling Power Of Emotion’ entered by Adam&Eve DDB London and Manning Gottlieb OMD London.
An emotional Inglis turned up to the infamous Cannes Gutter bar, this year branded with Yahoo’s recently acquired Tumblr, in the early hours of the morning, clutching his Cannes award.
He told Campaign he was enjoying every moment of the acclaim and success since joining the business in 2008, but credited his "incredible agency relationships" as the secret to his success.
"It has been a collaborative effort right from the beginning," he said. "It really would never have happened without Adam&Eve and Manning Gottlieb."
Inglis had interrupted a shoot for the retailer’s much anticipated Christmas ad campaign to come to the festival, but there was no doubting he was glad to have made the journey.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- New Business Manager Beyond The Book £30,000-£40,000 +bonus+car, Derbyshire / Leicestershire / Lincolnshire / Northamptonshire / Nottinghamshire
- Marketing Manager Nu Creative Talent £26500.00 - £33000.00 per annum + excellent benefits, Hertfordshire
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Communications Executive Haymarket Media Group Dependant on Experience, Teddington, London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account