Glasgow 2014 creates outdoor media zones ahead of Games
Glasgow 2014, hosts of the next Commonwealth Games, is taking its lead from the London 2012 Olympics and bringing outdoor media owners together to offer prime ad space for official sponsors.
The collaboration will see space in and around venues offered up to sponsors and the Games organiser to help promote the overall look and feel across the city, and in an attempt to prevent ambush marketing during the event.
Media owners who have agreed to work with Glasgow 2014 include: JCDecaux; CBS Outdoor; Clear Channel; Forrest Media; Primesight; SPD Media; BlowUp; Ocean Outdoor; Ubiquitous and T4 Media.
Games Sponsors at Partner and Supporter level will have first option to secure advertising space from the media owners in January 2014 before space outside regulated Event Zones is offered back to the open market.
Ty Speer, Glasgow 2014's deputy chief executive, who heads up the Games’ Commercial Programme, said: "Glasgow will come alive in a festival of sport and culture next year. The look and feel of the city at Games time, particularly close to venues, will be transformed with Games branding, messages and colour.
"It is therefore incredibly important for us to keep a consistency across all our sites and to protect the rights of our sponsors, whose support is vital to the success of the Games.
"This collaboration between the key outdoor advertisers will ensure that can happen and I am delighted to have them supporting the Games in this way."
Mike Baker, chief executive of the Outdoor Media Centre, called the approach taken by Glasgow 2014 "positive and commendable".
He said: "If the London 2012 Olympics gave us an important lesson, it is that outdoor is a great medium for allowing sponsors to own a city with large scale visual branding. No doubt Glasgow will also be alive with colour and brand presence, adding a similar verve to the Commonwealth Games."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Planner/buyer- TOP media agency Ultimate Asset £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show