Mindshare appoints ex-Publicis Groupe leader Kinsella as CEO
Mindshare has appointed Publicis Groupe's former Digitas leader Colin Kinsella as its new chief executive for North America, ending Antony Young's time at the helm after less than two years.
Kinsella takes up his new role from 15 July and will report to Mindshare’s global chief executive Nick Emery.
He will be responsible for the management and operation of all Mindshare activities in five US cities and Canada, overseeing an agency with more than 800 employees and more than $9 billion in billings, according to RECMA.
Young, who has been CEO for 20 months, will remain with the WPP agency but shift his focus to global business projects and development.
The surprise new hire in North America is the latest shake-up at Mindshare, which continues to restructure. Helen McRae and Christof Baron have been made joint chief executives across EMEA, Jed Glanvill has left his role as chief executive of Mindshare UK and Paul Rowlinson has been appointed chief operating officer in the UK.
Emery said: "Our challenge as a business is to realise media's potential to be our client's lead business partner.
"Everything begins and ends in media, and Colin's leadership will ensure that Mindshare is a business partner above and beyond the conventional."
Prior to his role as chief executive of North America at Digitas, Kinsella worked as global chief innovation officer for Razorfish and digital start-up QuinStreet.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- International Account Director - Media Agency (Benelux & Scandinavia Regions) Silverdrum £45,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Business Director Twist Recruitment £90000.00 - £100000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Digital Marketing Manager - £60K - Fashion - Buckinghams Salt £55000 - £65000 per annum, Buckinghamshire
- Italian Marketing Executive, Travel, Soho Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £27000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: +Bonus & Benefits, London
- Private Bank - Digital Marketing, eCRM Campaign & Marketing Operations Manager - Associate - London J.P.Morgan JPMorgan Chase & Co. offer an exceptional benefits program and highly competitive compensation., Knightsbridge
- Oreo eclipses The Sun in celestial stunt
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'