Benecol forced to find fresh creative agency
Benecol, the Johnson & Johnson brand, is reviewing its UK advertising account.
The business is handled by Adam & Eve/DDB, which also works on Benecol’s rival Flora. This conflict prompted the review.
It is understood that J&J has approached agencies directly to invite them to pitch foran account worth £4 million in billings.
Adam & Eve won the business in 2010 after a pitch against Bartle Bogle Hegarty and 18 Feet & Rising. It moved from MCBD, which withdrew from the process, having handled the account for more than ten years.
However, after Adam & Eve was acquired by Omnicom and merged into DDB London in 2012, it faced a clashas the latter already handled the Unilever-owned Flora.
Unilever called a review of Flora in October 2012 and Adam & Eve/DDB retained the £11 million business after pitching against Mother and TBWA\London.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Senior Account Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment 60000 - 65000, London
- Senior Strategist Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £55,000 to £65,000, London
- Campaign Manager | Contract Salt £300 - £350 per day, City of London