Benecol forced to find fresh creative agency
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 18 July 2013 08:00AM
Benecol, the Johnson & Johnson brand, is reviewing its UK advertising account.
The business is handled by Adam & Eve/DDB, which also works on Benecol’s rival Flora. This conflict prompted the review.
It is understood that J&J has approached agencies directly to invite them to pitch foran account worth £4 million in billings.
Adam & Eve won the business in 2010 after a pitch against Bartle Bogle Hegarty and 18 Feet & Rising. It moved from MCBD, which withdrew from the process, having handled the account for more than ten years.
However, after Adam & Eve was acquired by Omnicom and merged into DDB London in 2012, it faced a clashas the latter already handled the Unilever-owned Flora.
Unilever called a review of Flora in October 2012 and Adam & Eve/DDB retained the £11 million business after pitching against Mother and TBWA\London.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Sales Manager - Exhibitions - Indonesia tfconnect global recruitment £30,000, Jakarta
- account manager collectivo Up to £32,000 + benefits, London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media