Benecol forced to find fresh creative agency
Benecol, the Johnson & Johnson brand, is reviewing its UK advertising account.
The business is handled by Adam & Eve/DDB, which also works on Benecol’s rival Flora. This conflict prompted the review.
It is understood that J&J has approached agencies directly to invite them to pitch foran account worth £4 million in billings.
Adam & Eve won the business in 2010 after a pitch against Bartle Bogle Hegarty and 18 Feet & Rising. It moved from MCBD, which withdrew from the process, having handled the account for more than ten years.
However, after Adam & Eve was acquired by Omnicom and merged into DDB London in 2012, it faced a clashas the latter already handled the Unilever-owned Flora.
Unilever called a review of Flora in October 2012 and Adam & Eve/DDB retained the £11 million business after pitching against Mother and TBWA\London.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Interim Senior Marketing Manager - Campaigns Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment To £60,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- International Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment To £55,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Marketing Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40,000 - £43,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Junior Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £Attractive, London (North), London (Greater)
- Age UK launches 'no friends' ads in response to Facebook campaign
- Pizza Hut launches Classic Crust with TV campaign
- Fold7 splits with Gocompare.com amid talk of Gio Compario's return
- Lurpak rolls out jazz teaser by Juan Cabral
- Kate Robertson steps down from Havas
- Ronseal claims to ditch 'does exactly what it says on the tin' strapline