Benecol forced to find fresh creative agency
Benecol, the Johnson & Johnson brand, is reviewing its UK advertising account.
The business is handled by Adam & Eve/DDB, which also works on Benecol’s rival Flora. This conflict prompted the review.
It is understood that J&J has approached agencies directly to invite them to pitch foran account worth £4 million in billings.
Adam & Eve won the business in 2010 after a pitch against Bartle Bogle Hegarty and 18 Feet & Rising. It moved from MCBD, which withdrew from the process, having handled the account for more than ten years.
However, after Adam & Eve was acquired by Omnicom and merged into DDB London in 2012, it faced a clashas the latter already handled the Unilever-owned Flora.
Unilever called a review of Flora in October 2012 and Adam & Eve/DDB retained the £11 million business after pitching against Mother and TBWA\London.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Graphic Designer (Visual Merchandising & Marketing) Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £20000 - £21000 per annum + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager | Up to 32k Dynamic New Alliances Up to £32K Plus Benefits Package , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Rising Star! Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, North East England / North West England
- Trade Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Brands make the most of Germany's dramatic victory over Brazil
- Imperial War Museum releases film announcing WWI exhibition
- Sponsors congratulate Novak Djokovic on Wimbledon win
- Starcom MediaVest Group to move to Turnmills
- Guardian News & Media reduces losses by 27% to £19.4m
- Guardian plotting English language launch in India