The7Stars wins multi-million Payments Council media
By Chloe Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 19 July 2013 09:24AM
The Payments Council, the UK payment services body, has awarded the7Stars its multi-million pound media planning and buying account to help promote its new current account switching service.
The7Stars won the business after The Payment Council, whose members include HSBC and Santander, held a competitive pitch earlier this year involving two other agencies.
There was no incumbent for the account and no intermediaries were involved.
Engine's Partners Andrews Aldridge won the creative account in October last year, and the ad campaign aims to raise awareness for the service as well as to ensure customers have total confidence in it.
The multi-media activity will include a TV campaign as well as press, radio outdoor, social media, direct marketing, PR and corporate communications activity.
Mark Hemingway, a spokesman for the Payments Council, said: "This project, along with the national advertising campaign to raise awareness of the new service, has been a massive project for all the participating banks and the building societies and represents an investment of more than £750 million."
The switching service will be rolled out in September 2013 and allows customers to switch current accounts within seven days rather than the average 18 to 30 days.
Nick Maddison, the account director at The7stars, said: "The flexibility and integrity of The7Stars makes us a perfect partner to help launch the service across the UK later this year."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Associate Marketing Director (Global Education) - Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package , Chichester, West Sussex
- Senior PR Account Executive AF Selection £22000 - £23000 per annum, Manchester
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 p.a., South East England
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- The man who made Grey matter