Omnicom pre-tax profits rise 2.3% to $482.3m in Q2
Omnicom, the owner of the BBDO and OMD networks, has reported pre-tax profit of $482.3 million (£316.7 million) in the three months to the end of June 2013, up 2.3 per cent year on year as revenue increased 2.1 per cent.
According to Omnicom’s results for the second quarter of 2013, the communications giant’s worldwide revenue was $3.64 billion, an increase of 2.1 per cent year on year.
International revenue, which includes Omnicom’s businesses in the UK, was $1.73 billion during the quarter, an increase of 1.9 per cent from $1,733.0 million in the second quarter of 2012.
Worldwide revenue in the first half of 2012 was $7.04 billion, up 2.4 per cent year on year, while international revenue was $3.34 billion between 1 January and 30 June, up 1.6 per cent year on year.
Omnicom’s US revenue was to $1.90 billion in the second quarter of 2013, up 2.4 per cent year on year, and across the first six months of a whole US revenue was $3.70 billion, up 3.3 per cent year on year.
Both US and international revenue growth improved in the second quarter, although revenue growth in the US was stronger than that in the international arm in both quarters.
Following its results yesterday Omnicom confirmed it would pay a dividend of 40 cents to shareholders on 9 October.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Senior International Digital Account Manager - Music Accounts! Ultimate Asset £38000 - £45000 per annum + Great Benefits Package , City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager- Retail - up to £45k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40k-£45k plus bonus , London
- Senior Brand Manager - Consumer Health/FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£48K-£55K + Car Allowance + Bonus, West of London/Berks