Omnicom pre-tax profits rise 2.3% to $482.3m in Q2
Omnicom, the owner of the BBDO and OMD networks, has reported pre-tax profit of $482.3 million (£316.7 million) in the three months to the end of June 2013, up 2.3 per cent year on year as revenue increased 2.1 per cent.
According to Omnicom’s results for the second quarter of 2013, the communications giant’s worldwide revenue was $3.64 billion, an increase of 2.1 per cent year on year.
International revenue, which includes Omnicom’s businesses in the UK, was $1.73 billion during the quarter, an increase of 1.9 per cent from $1,733.0 million in the second quarter of 2012.
Worldwide revenue in the first half of 2012 was $7.04 billion, up 2.4 per cent year on year, while international revenue was $3.34 billion between 1 January and 30 June, up 1.6 per cent year on year.
Omnicom’s US revenue was to $1.90 billion in the second quarter of 2013, up 2.4 per cent year on year, and across the first six months of a whole US revenue was $3.70 billion, up 3.3 per cent year on year.
Both US and international revenue growth improved in the second quarter, although revenue growth in the US was stronger than that in the international arm in both quarters.
Following its results yesterday Omnicom confirmed it would pay a dividend of 40 cents to shareholders on 9 October.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Senior Interior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood