RKCR/Y&R wins VisitBritain advertising
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 23 August 2013 10:00AM
Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R has won the creative advertising account for VisitBritain, the official tourism body of the UK.
RCKR/Y&R was awarded the account after a pitch through the Government Procurement Service, against other agencies on the creative roster.
It will begin work on the year-long contract, with the aim of attracting international visitors to Britain and building on the positive feeling generated by the 2012 Olympics.
The tourism body is thought to be planning to extend and evolve its £25 million "Great" campaign, with work based around a central film.
"Great" was a global promotion highlighting different qualities of Britain with slogans like "heritage is great", "shopping is great" and "memories are great" overlaid on top of photography.
Mother created the campaign, ahead of the Olympics last year, but Mother was unable to pitch to continue the work as it is not on the roster.
A spokesman for RKCR/Y&R declined to comment on the win. A spokesman for VisitBritain said the result of the pitch had not yet been confirmed. It is understood that a ten-day "cooling off" period is currently underway, after which the RKCR/Y&R’s appointment will be formalised.
The review kicked off in late July as part of a slew of summer pitches from the Government Procurement Service, including the Department for Transport, which was won by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, HM Revenue & Customs, which Engine picked up, and the cyber security campaign won by M&C Saatchi.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £80,000, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £70,000 + benefits, London
- Planner, Top Direct Marketing/Digital Agency London Direct Recruitment £45,000 - £65,000, London
- Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £70,000, London
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show