RKCR/Y&R wins VisitBritain advertising
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 23 August 2013 10:00AM
Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R has won the creative advertising account for VisitBritain, the official tourism body of the UK.
RCKR/Y&R was awarded the account after a pitch through the Government Procurement Service, against other agencies on the creative roster.
It will begin work on the year-long contract, with the aim of attracting international visitors to Britain and building on the positive feeling generated by the 2012 Olympics.
The tourism body is thought to be planning to extend and evolve its £25 million "Great" campaign, with work based around a central film.
"Great" was a global promotion highlighting different qualities of Britain with slogans like "heritage is great", "shopping is great" and "memories are great" overlaid on top of photography.
Mother created the campaign, ahead of the Olympics last year, but Mother was unable to pitch to continue the work as it is not on the roster.
A spokesman for RKCR/Y&R declined to comment on the win. A spokesman for VisitBritain said the result of the pitch had not yet been confirmed. It is understood that a ten-day "cooling off" period is currently underway, after which the RKCR/Y&R’s appointment will be formalised.
The review kicked off in late July as part of a slew of summer pitches from the Government Procurement Service, including the Department for Transport, which was won by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, HM Revenue & Customs, which Engine picked up, and the cyber security campaign won by M&C Saatchi.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Digital Account Manager (Surrey) become £35k, Surrey
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief