David Beckham strips for H&M Bodywear range
By Amy Sandiford-Watts, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 August 2013 09:08AM
David Beckham has stripped to his underwear for H&M once again, this time to promote the brand's autumn winter 2013 Bodywear collection.
The images feature Beckham posing in cotton loungewear and underwear from the collection in an old-style sports changing room. They are accompanied by a "behind the scenes" video of the photo shoot on the official H&M YouTube channel.
H&M Redroom created the campaign in house. The art director for the print campaign was Lee Swillingham, Josh Olins shot the photos and Clare Richardson was the stylist.
The 47-second video shows photographers preparing the set and adjusting the lighting, whilst Beckham has his hair and makeup perfected by a team of stylists.
The video ends with one of the images of Beckham on a computer screen, ready for the edit.
Beckham said: "I love the heritage athletic style of the new pieces in my Bodywear collection at H&M. The vests, pyjama pants and raglan sleeve tops are already like wardrobe favourites for me that I know I’ll wear all season long.
"It was great to shoot them in an old-fashioned East End changing room. It was like I had gone right back to my roots."
A selection of the images was released via the official H&M Twitter and Instagram on earlier this week. Beckham also shared the images on his official Facebook page, which has over 28.7 million likes.
The campaign is Beckham’s fourth for H&M. The autumn/winter offering takes on a distinctly grungier feel than the spring 2013 campaign, which took the form of a short film directed by Guy Richie.
In the spring film, an underwear-clad Beckham chases a shiny black SUV through the backyards of LA after his dressing gown gets caught in its door as he waves his children off to school.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car or C/A, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 per annum + Car or C/A, United Kingdom
- Senior Creative Major Players £70000 - £80000 per annum, London
- Design Director createselect Up to £65k, London (Greater)
- Quant Researcher-Immediate Start-Saudi Arabia-c50k Tax Free Elizabeth Norman International £40000 - £50000 per annum + Tax free and travel, Saudi Arabia
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media