Arcadia in digital media review as Tait departs
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 04 September 2013 11:46AM
Arcadia Group, the retail company that owns Topshop, Miss Selfridge and BHS, is speaking to agencies about its international digital media requirements, following the departure of ecommerce chief Alex Tait.
Tait, the former American Express digital acquisition chief, was appointed as the group head of ecommerce at Arcadia in April.
A spokeswoman for Arcadia confirmed Tait had ''decided the role is not for him" and "left the business to pursue other interests". She declined to comment on the review, which sources said was linked to the group's ecommerce business.
Arcadia is understood to work with various specialist agencies on ecommerce around the world. The review is thought to be multi-market, and to primarily include search, with elements of affiliate marketing and digital display advertising.
The review will not affect Maxus, which works on media planning and buying for Arcadia in the UK, or Joint, which picked up the BHS ad account last month.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Co-ordinator AF Selection Up to £25,000, Birmingham, West Midlands
- Digital Account Manager Source £150 - £180 per day, London
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned