MediaVest scoops seven-figure Ford Retail account
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 09 September 2013 12:23PM
MediaVest has won a four-way pitch for Ford Retail Group's media account, and will now oversee communications for nine UK brands.
Campaign revealed the pitch, which was managed through the AAR, in May.
The win means MediaVest will run offline and online media for the Ford dealer group, as well as mobile, experiential media, events and sponsorship activity.
Ford Retail operates 65 Ford dealerships in the UK, under local brand names including Dagenham Motors and Heartlands Ford.
It claims to be the world’s largest dedicated Ford dealer group and is planning "very significant changes" to its advertising, following the centralisation of its marketing function in an internal restructure.
The group previously worked with MB Advertising, which is thought to have been involved in the pitch.
MediaVest will report to Celia Pronto, marketing and ecommerce director for Ford Retail Group.
Pronto said: "We were looking for a media agency partner to help us make a step-change in the way our organisation goes to market. Our ambition is to be a world-class retailer, and in order to achieve this are looking to create a significant and noticeable shift in how we communicate."
The win does not affect Mindshare, which holds the main Ford media account.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater), South East
- Junior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand & Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff