Chris Willingham joins Starcount as CEO for Asia
By Simon Nias, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 10 September 2013 12:27PM
Former Fallon managing partner and chief marketing officer Chris Willingham has become the latest high-profile recruit at social media data analytics business Starcount.
Willingham left Fallon in February before relocating to Singapore, where he has been working on a project with BBDO. He will take up his new role as chief executive of Starcount's Asia business later this month.
His appointment follows that of Dunnhumby founders Edwina Dunn and Clive Humby, who joined the board of Starcount as executive directors last month in a deal that also made them "significant minority" equity holders in the business.
Drew Thomson, founder and global chief executive of Starcount, said: "I've known Chris for 15 years and when I found out he'd relocated to Asia I didn't have to look any further for the man to lead our business in the region.
"Chris has fantastic pedigree in the stewardship of progressive brands and he's one of the best relationship managers I've met."
Willingham began his career at Saatchi and Saatchi before moving to TBWA London, where he ran the Sony PlayStation business across Europe for six years. He then joined Fallon where he headed up the Sony Electronics team that was responsible for the Bravia TV spots 'Balls', 'Paints' and 'Playdoh'.
During his time at Fallon he also secured the Cadbury business and oversaw the development of the 'Glass Half Full Productions' platform that was responsible for the Cannes Grand Prix winning 'Drumming Gorilla' campaign.
Willingham said: "Starcount will break new ground by helping brands and celebrities gain a deeper, richer understanding of who their fans are, what motivates them and how the relationship between them can be optimised to be mutually rewarding.
"I'm very excited at the prospect of playing a leading role in the development of such a cutting edge business."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Junior Consultant - Qualitative Research Trace £24,000 to £28,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Customer Data Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 per annum, Bedfordshire
- Brand Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £50000 per annum, Bedfordshire
- Account Manager Stopgap £30000 per annum, City of London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £80,000 per annum + Car or c/a, South East England
- Virgin Media 'night owl' ad to break in Gogglebox
- Johnnie Walker calls global ad review
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Testicular cancer awareness campaign launches comedy show
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media