Virgin Active begins search for ad agency
Virgin Active, the chain of fitness clubs part-owned by Richard Branson's Virgin Group, is speaking to agencies about its UK advertising requirements.
The gym chain currently works with The Brooklyn Brothers on a consultancy basis, and also creates advertising in-house. It worked with Beattie McGuinness Bungay on the same basis from 2007 to 2010.
Virgin Active spent £1.5 million on media in the year to September 2012, according to Nielsen, and the search is thought to come ahead of a significant investment in advertising. A spokesman for Virgin Active declined to comment on this.
The company is expected to float on the London Stock Exchange, and plans to expand into regions including France, Germany and China.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency