Virgin Active begins search for ad agency
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 September 2013 07:30AM
Virgin Active, the chain of fitness clubs part-owned by Richard Branson's Virgin Group, is speaking to agencies about its UK advertising requirements.
The gym chain currently works with The Brooklyn Brothers on a consultancy basis, and also creates advertising in-house. It worked with Beattie McGuinness Bungay on the same basis from 2007 to 2010.
Virgin Active spent £1.5 million on media in the year to September 2012, according to Nielsen, and the search is thought to come ahead of a significant investment in advertising. A spokesman for Virgin Active declined to comment on this.
The company is expected to float on the London Stock Exchange, and plans to expand into regions including France, Germany and China.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Brand & Packaging Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, South East England
- Junior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £32,000 + benefits , London (Greater)
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000, London (Greater)
- Client Services Director - Brand Marketing Agency ADLIB £60k - £65k, Bath
- 7Up kicks off global campaign with urban knitting ad
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton
- VisitBritain crowdsources digital marketing campaign
- Zurich launches snowmen cinema campaign across Europe
- Cheil Worldwide buys Iris stake