Virgin Active begins search for ad agency
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 September 2013 07:30AM
Virgin Active, the chain of fitness clubs part-owned by Richard Branson's Virgin Group, is speaking to agencies about its UK advertising requirements.
The gym chain currently works with The Brooklyn Brothers on a consultancy basis, and also creates advertising in-house. It worked with Beattie McGuinness Bungay on the same basis from 2007 to 2010.
Virgin Active spent £1.5 million on media in the year to September 2012, according to Nielsen, and the search is thought to come ahead of a significant investment in advertising. A spokesman for Virgin Active declined to comment on this.
The company is expected to float on the London Stock Exchange, and plans to expand into regions including France, Germany and China.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Associate Creative Director MCG Associates Attractive Tax Free Salary , United Arab Emirates
- Digital Designer MCG Associates Attractive Tax Free Salary , United Arab Emirates
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review
- Domino's Pizza launches TV ad for cheese and smokey bacon stuffed crust
- Hovis appoints Mother to ad account