Virgin Active begins search for ad agency
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 September 2013 07:30AM
Virgin Active, the chain of fitness clubs part-owned by Richard Branson's Virgin Group, is speaking to agencies about its UK advertising requirements.
The gym chain currently works with The Brooklyn Brothers on a consultancy basis, and also creates advertising in-house. It worked with Beattie McGuinness Bungay on the same basis from 2007 to 2010.
Virgin Active spent £1.5 million on media in the year to September 2012, according to Nielsen, and the search is thought to come ahead of a significant investment in advertising. A spokesman for Virgin Active declined to comment on this.
The company is expected to float on the London Stock Exchange, and plans to expand into regions including France, Germany and China.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection £75 - £100K + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Graphic Designer - Tech brands Network Career Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Middleweight FMCG Branding Designer Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Creative Lead - Fashion Network Career Consultants £60000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Web Project Manager (12 month FTC) Brand Recruitment £40000 per annum, Milton Keynes
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad