Virgin Active begins search for ad agency
Virgin Active, the chain of fitness clubs part-owned by Richard Branson's Virgin Group, is speaking to agencies about its UK advertising requirements.
The gym chain currently works with The Brooklyn Brothers on a consultancy basis, and also creates advertising in-house. It worked with Beattie McGuinness Bungay on the same basis from 2007 to 2010.
Virgin Active spent £1.5 million on media in the year to September 2012, according to Nielsen, and the search is thought to come ahead of a significant investment in advertising. A spokesman for Virgin Active declined to comment on this.
The company is expected to float on the London Stock Exchange, and plans to expand into regions including France, Germany and China.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager - FMCG Brand Recruitment salary on application plus bonus and benefits, Cambridgeshire
- Event Manager- 3 - 6 month contract- P/T (22.5 hours a week) Brand Recruitment £22000 - £25000 per annum + pro rata, Essex
- Head of Digital Excellence PSD Group Circa £100K + car allowance + package, South East England
- Communications Intern Haymarket Media Group £12k per annum, pro rata'd, Teddington, London (Greater)