Gocompare shifts £40m ad account to Fold7
The price comparison site Gocompare has handed its £40 million advertising account to Fold7.
The independent agency won the business following a competitive pitch against the incumbent Dare and Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R
Dare was appointed as Gocompare’s first retained advertising agency in February 2012 – creative work was previously handled by an in-house team.
The agency continued to use the Welsh opera singer Wynne Evans playing the Gio Compario character, despite the ads repeatedly topping the most annoying ads poll. However, its initial ads focused on attempts by celebrities to kill him off. It is not known if he will continue to be used.
No one at Fold7 would comment on the win.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Manager / Director Aspire £35000.00 - £50000.00 per annum, London
- Chief Client Director Aspire £100000 - £150000 per annum, London
- Digital Planning Director Aspire £45000.00 - £60000 per annum, London
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Notonthehighstreet sponsors London Underground 'baby on board' badge
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Has JCDecaux chosen the wrong time to abandon its trade body?
- Mother backs new integrated agency The Romans
- The Sun cuts topless models on Page 3