Gocompare shifts £40m ad account to Fold7
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 September 2013 03:11PM
The price comparison site Gocompare has handed its £40 million advertising account to Fold7.
The independent agency won the business following a competitive pitch against the incumbent Dare and Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R
Dare was appointed as Gocompare’s first retained advertising agency in February 2012 – creative work was previously handled by an in-house team.
The agency continued to use the Welsh opera singer Wynne Evans playing the Gio Compario character, despite the ads repeatedly topping the most annoying ads poll. However, its initial ads focused on attempts by celebrities to kill him off. It is not known if he will continue to be used.
No one at Fold7 would comment on the win.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Product Developer Digital Gurus £60000 - £85000 Per Annum Benefits, London
- Front-end Developer Digital Gurus £35000 - £45000 Per Annum Benefits, London
- Marketing and Communications Manager Source £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Associate Planning Director Lipton Fleming £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive- Luxury Retail- to £24k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £22000 - £24000 per annum, London
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Cannes 2015: Highlights from the Campaign beach party
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch