Gocompare shifts £40m ad account to Fold7
The price comparison site Gocompare has handed its £40 million advertising account to Fold7.
The independent agency won the business following a competitive pitch against the incumbent Dare and Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R
Dare was appointed as Gocompare’s first retained advertising agency in February 2012 – creative work was previously handled by an in-house team.
The agency continued to use the Welsh opera singer Wynne Evans playing the Gio Compario character, despite the ads repeatedly topping the most annoying ads poll. However, its initial ads focused on attempts by celebrities to kill him off. It is not known if he will continue to be used.
No one at Fold7 would comment on the win.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Global Events Manager Brompton Bicycle Competitive, London (West), London (Greater)
- Account Director Brand Recruitment £45000 per annum, Cambridge
- SAM Twist Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Consultant - Award Winning PR Agency - Big Brands, Central London Capstone Hill Search £65,000 , W1G 0PW, London (Greater)
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Vizeum retains £14m AB InBev in the UK and adds European markets
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool