First-look at Mirror's #madeuthink TV ad
The Daily Mirror is preparing to roll-out TV ads during ITV's X Factor tomorrow as part of its first national branding campaign in 10 years, view it first exclusively here.
The ad, created by Quiet Storm, is part of a six-week multiplatform campaign to introduce the Mirror's redesign, the first since 2007. It is based around the hastag and slogan "#madeuthink". In the spot, called "hat shop", an apparently clumsy man strolls down a city street.
He trips over and nearly gets hit by a bus, before running into the glass door of a hat shop. Inside, the shopkeeper places a cap marked with the words "Thinking Cap" on his head. As an ornament falls off a table, the man reaches out and catches it in spectacular style.
The film was art directed by Elaina Jumper and the copywriter was Martin Jeyes. Media planning and buying for the multi-media campaign has been handled by Carat Manchester.
The #madeuthink campaign urges consumers to think differently about the Mirror brand, which is now seeking a "mid-top" position among national rivals, according to editor Lloyd Embley.
Trinity Mirror is also in the midst of a major investment into its digital operation 2013. Twenty-five digital-specific journalists have been hired in the past two months and the Mirror's e-edition is thought to attract around 30,000 unique users a day.Follow @LouiseRidley
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater), South East England
- Customer Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + c/a, South East England
- Senior Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + car or c/a, London (Greater)
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham