CHI moves into PR with Halpern deal
By Mark Banham, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 01 October 2013 01:17PM
CHI & Partners has acquired a majority stake in independent PR agency Halpern for an undisclosed sum as it looks to expand the services it offers to its clients.
The deal will add a PR offering to CHI’s advertising, digital, creative, content, media buying and direct marketing services proposition for the first time.
The deal means that CHI will take a 50.1 per cent stake in the company, while the Halpern founder, Jenny Halpern Prince, retains a 49.9 per cent share.
However, Halpern Prince and the senior management team at the agency will retain "management control" of the agency. Halpern is expected to leverage the deal with CHI to expand its offering outside the UK.
Halpern was founded in 1993, by Halpern Prince, and is focused in the retail, lifestyle and personal care sectors with clients including Fitness First, Avon and Tiffany & Co.
CHI was set up 12 years ago by Simon Clemmow, Johnny Hornby and Charles Inge. The founders sold a 49.9 percent stake in the company to marketing services network WPP in 2007.
Halpern Prince said: "The partnership with CHI provides us with the perfect opportunity to work with Johnny and his inspiring team and clients. It strengthens our offering in both the UK, and worldwide, which will help grow the Halpern business substantially in the coming years."
Halpern will move its London headquarters to the CHI offices early 2014. S.I.Partners and Bird & Bird advised the agency’s shareholders on the deal.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Manager / Senior Account Manager, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £36000 per annum, Benefits: This is a 3 week freelance gig that will turn perm, London
- Category Manager - Waitrose Veritas Partnership Ltd £40000 - £50000 Per Annum + car + bonus + benefits, London
- Account Manager to Account Director Stopgap £28000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again
- Lidstone exits Havas amid restructure