Agencies line up for worldwide Lego brief
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 October 2013 08:00AM
Lego, the Danish toy brand, is seeking an ad agency ahead of a global brand campaign.
The process has been under way since July and several UK agencies are involved. It is believed to be run out of Lego’s headquarters in Billund.
Lego has traditionally used agencies on a project-by-project basis, although Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R held the global advertising account from 2001 to 2004.McCann Erickson has also worked on global strategy.
A spokeswoman for Lego said she would not comment on any ongoing process.
For the London 2012 Olympic Games, Lego released an outdoor campaign created by Dazzleship. The 35 executions featured Lego figures dressed in the Team GB kit for various sports.
Last year, Lego also launched a 17-minute online animated film, created by the Danish studio Lani Pixels, to celebrate its 80th birthday. It told the story of Ole Kirk Christiansen, who founded the company as a carpentry workshop in 1932.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Project Executive Pitch Consultants £15000 - £19000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Marketing & Comms Executive Major Players £28000 - £35000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Designer Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Designer - UI Designer Zebra People £30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior Copywriter - Conceptual, Charity, Direct Marketing Agency ADLIB Upto £50k, Bristol
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers