Agencies line up for worldwide Lego brief
Lego, the Danish toy brand, is seeking an ad agency ahead of a global brand campaign.
The process has been under way since July and several UK agencies are involved. It is believed to be run out of Lego’s headquarters in Billund.
Lego has traditionally used agencies on a project-by-project basis, although Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R held the global advertising account from 2001 to 2004.McCann Erickson has also worked on global strategy.
A spokeswoman for Lego said she would not comment on any ongoing process.
For the London 2012 Olympic Games, Lego released an outdoor campaign created by Dazzleship. The 35 executions featured Lego figures dressed in the Team GB kit for various sports.
Last year, Lego also launched a 17-minute online animated film, created by the Danish studio Lani Pixels, to celebrate its 80th birthday. It told the story of Ole Kirk Christiansen, who founded the company as a carpentry workshop in 1932.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency