Agencies line up for worldwide Lego brief
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 October 2013 08:00AM
Lego, the Danish toy brand, is seeking an ad agency ahead of a global brand campaign.
The process has been under way since July and several UK agencies are involved. It is believed to be run out of Lego’s headquarters in Billund.
Lego has traditionally used agencies on a project-by-project basis, although Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R held the global advertising account from 2001 to 2004.McCann Erickson has also worked on global strategy.
A spokeswoman for Lego said she would not comment on any ongoing process.
For the London 2012 Olympic Games, Lego released an outdoor campaign created by Dazzleship. The 35 executions featured Lego figures dressed in the Team GB kit for various sports.
Last year, Lego also launched a 17-minute online animated film, created by the Danish studio Lani Pixels, to celebrate its 80th birthday. It told the story of Ole Kirk Christiansen, who founded the company as a carpentry workshop in 1932.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Head of Ecommerce (8 month maternity contract) Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Events Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Brand Marketing Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £45000 - £50000 per annum + bonus and benefits, Milton Keynes
- Senior Digital Designer Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £38000 - £40000 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham