Agencies line up for worldwide Lego brief
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 October 2013 08:00AM
Lego, the Danish toy brand, is seeking an ad agency ahead of a global brand campaign.
The process has been under way since July and several UK agencies are involved. It is believed to be run out of Lego’s headquarters in Billund.
Lego has traditionally used agencies on a project-by-project basis, although Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R held the global advertising account from 2001 to 2004.McCann Erickson has also worked on global strategy.
A spokeswoman for Lego said she would not comment on any ongoing process.
For the London 2012 Olympic Games, Lego released an outdoor campaign created by Dazzleship. The 35 executions featured Lego figures dressed in the Team GB kit for various sports.
Last year, Lego also launched a 17-minute online animated film, created by the Danish studio Lani Pixels, to celebrate its 80th birthday. It told the story of Ole Kirk Christiansen, who founded the company as a carpentry workshop in 1932.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Assistant Stopgap £20000 - £25000 per annum + 12 month FTC, South East England
- Head of Marketing Stopgap £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Account Manager, SAM, London, up to £40k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, London