Sir John Hegarty on headphones
campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 07 October 2013 12:21PM
Sir John Hegarty has revealed that seeing creatives wearing headphones makes him "really pissed off".
Speaking in an interview as part of Campaign's Talking Inspiration series of videos, the BBH co-founder and chair of this year's Campaign Big Awards, said headphones "put a little wall" around the wearer.
He said: "If you walk around cutting yourself off, you are eliminating influence. You are eliminating the possibility you are going to pick up stories, ideas, thoughts that are happening all around you. As a creative person, that's all wrong."
To see more outtakes from the interview with Sir John Hegarty, subscribe to the Brand Republic YouTube channel.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Strategy Director Reuben Sinclair £70-90k + Bonus , London (Greater)
- Brand Manager - French Speaker Veritas Partnership Ltd £35,000 - 40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Associate Creative Director Digital Gurus £65000 - £70000 Per Annum, London
- Junior Motion Graphics Designer with excelllent Artworking skills OneDog £20k - £25k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Resource/Studio Manager Source £35000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- In pictures: Campaign Media Awards 2014
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts
- Freeview launches singing toys campaign