Sir John Hegarty on headphones
campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 07 October 2013 12:21PM
Sir John Hegarty has revealed that seeing creatives wearing headphones makes him "really pissed off".
Speaking in an interview as part of Campaign's Talking Inspiration series of videos, the BBH co-founder and chair of this year's Campaign Big Awards, said headphones "put a little wall" around the wearer.
He said: "If you walk around cutting yourself off, you are eliminating influence. You are eliminating the possibility you are going to pick up stories, ideas, thoughts that are happening all around you. As a creative person, that's all wrong."
To see more outtakes from the interview with Sir John Hegarty, subscribe to the Brand Republic YouTube channel.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £36k - £39k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager- Integrated Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £28k - £33k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head Of Marketing Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- CREATIVE DIRECTORS Live Recruitment Negotiable, England
- DIGITAL DESIGNER - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment £23000 - £28000 per annum + BENS, Surrey
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media