Sir John Hegarty on headphones
campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 07 October 2013 12:21PM
Sir John Hegarty has revealed that seeing creatives wearing headphones makes him "really pissed off".
Speaking in an interview as part of Campaign's Talking Inspiration series of videos, the BBH co-founder and chair of this year's Campaign Big Awards, said headphones "put a little wall" around the wearer.
He said: "If you walk around cutting yourself off, you are eliminating influence. You are eliminating the possibility you are going to pick up stories, ideas, thoughts that are happening all around you. As a creative person, that's all wrong."
To see more outtakes from the interview with Sir John Hegarty, subscribe to the Brand Republic YouTube channel.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 p.a., London (Central), London (Greater)
- Trade Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- CRM Executive Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Senior Marketing Manager - Campaigns Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment To £60,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Age UK launches 'no friends' ads in response to Facebook campaign
- Pizza Hut launches Classic Crust with TV campaign
- Fold7 splits with Gocompare.com amid talk of Gio Compario's return
- Lurpak rolls out jazz teaser by Juan Cabral
- Kate Robertson steps down from Havas
- Ronseal claims to ditch 'does exactly what it says on the tin' strapline