JWT captures £50m Canon EMEA account
JWT London has picked up the £50 million EMEA advertising account for Canon.
The agency won the business after a competitive pitch through AAR that began in July. The account moves from Mcgarrybowen, which will be retained in a smaller strategic role.
Mcgarrybowen had handled the Canon work since 2000, when it picked up the account as CDP. The move coincides with the arrival of Rick Hirst as the chief executive of Mcgarrybowen.
A spokeswoman for JWT said: "We are moving forward in commercial discussions as Canon’s preferred agency. However, there will be no announcement until these are concluded."
The media planning and buying account, which is handled by PHD, is not affected by the review.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Technical Account Manager - DMP Ultimate Asset £40000 - £47000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PR Account Executive Pitch Consultants £16000 - £20000 per annum, Leicestershire
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review