JWT captures £50m Canon EMEA account
JWT London has picked up the £50 million EMEA advertising account for Canon.
The agency won the business after a competitive pitch through AAR that began in July. The account moves from Mcgarrybowen, which will be retained in a smaller strategic role.
Mcgarrybowen had handled the Canon work since 2000, when it picked up the account as CDP. The move coincides with the arrival of Rick Hirst as the chief executive of Mcgarrybowen.
A spokeswoman for JWT said: "We are moving forward in commercial discussions as Canon’s preferred agency. However, there will be no announcement until these are concluded."
The media planning and buying account, which is handled by PHD, is not affected by the review.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires