SapientNitro signs up Dawson for board role
SapientNitro has appointed Neil Dawson, a founder and planning partner at Enter and a former chairman of TBWA, as its vice-president and chief strategy officer for Europe.
In the new role, Dawson (pictured) will lead the strategy team. He will report to Nigel Vaz, the senior vice-president and European managing director, and work alongside him and Malcolm Poynton, the chief creative officer for Europe, as part of the European leadership team.
Dawson has nearly 20 years’ experience in senior strategist roles, including as the executive planning director at TBWA. He served two years as the chairman before leaving in 2007 to set up Hurrell and Dawson, which later became HMDG and then Enter.
Vaz said: "Neil is widely regarded as a world-class strategist, with the rare combination of proven agency leadership and entrepreneurial drive that has contributed to the success of leading global brands."
He added that Dawson’s experience would help the agency "redefine storytelling and pioneer new means of helping clients engage today’s connected consumers in a landscape that is rapidly changing".
In a separate move, Geometry Global UK has hired Omaid Hiwaizi, a planning director at SapientNitro, as its chief strategy officer.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Insight Manager (Analytics) Jarlett de Grouchy £60000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager - Alcoholic Drinks Stopgap £40000 per annum + pro rata - 6 month contract, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Recruitment Consultant Ninesharp £21000 per annum + Uncapped Commission, (base negotiable), Greater Manchester
- Digital Project Manager / Digital Producers - all levels, junior to director level, permanent roles MODA consult All salary levels! And excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, Ealing, London (Greater)
- Tim Hipperson to become interim CEO of Weve
- Spotify parts ways with European leader Chris Maples
- Campaign Viral Chart: New Yorkers nod to Derek Jeter
- Senior adland figures launch star-studded campaign against Scottish independence
- Channel 4 and Magnum Mini partner for 'sweet' 9pm film sponsorship
- O2 dog turns hip hop for Big Bundles