The Mushroom Bureau hires Kindred ahead of £2.4m push
By Nick Renaud-Komiya, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 14 October 2013 10:15AM
The Mushroom Bureau, the organisation tasked with promoting fresh cultivated mushrooms in the UK and Ireland, has appointed Kindred to handle its £2.4 million consumer communications programme.
Kindred won the business following a competitive four-way pitch. It will take charge of the promotional campaign, which aims to increase both penetration and frequency of mushroom purchases by consumers and to push the food’s health benefits.
The three-year integrated campaign will include advertising, social media, PR and digital.
The Mushroom Bureau previously worked with Ruby afterappointing the shop to a three-year brief in 2009 after a pitch through AAR.
Stephen Allen, a committee member of the Mushroom Bureau, said: "We were looking for an advertising agency with a proven track record in brand and commercial effectiveness. The Kindred team led an inspiring pitch, displaying excellent understanding of the market and audience.
"This was coupled with first class creative thinking delivered across multiple channels. Kindred's joined up approach and great track record with FMCG brands really stood out during the pitch process."
The members of The Mushroom Bureau will fund half of the £2.4 million campaign, with a further 50 per cent coming from the EU Department of Agriculture.
Chris Linsell, client service director at Kindred, who will be leading the campaign, said: "We're really excited to be implementing a truly ownable and impactful marketing campaign.
"The fresh produce market is exceptionally competitive, so our campaign must cut through and inspire mums to think differently about their cooking habits.
"It's great to win pitches against such strong competition and have the opportunity to develop a campaign that needs to deliver real behaviour change."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager Stopgap £27000 - £29000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director and Senior Account Director air recruitment £45K-£55K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Stopgap £35000 per annum, South East England
- Account Director air recruitment Up to £50k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director air recruitment Up to £47.5k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brands make the most of Germany's dramatic victory over Brazil
- Sponsors congratulate Novak Djokovic on Wimbledon win
- Guardian plotting English language launch in India
- Guardian News & Media reduces losses by 27% to £19.4m
- Singapore anti-gambling ad slammed on Twitter after picking a winner
- Starcom MediaVest Group to move to Turnmills