The Brooklyn Brothers wins Man U-sponsor Apollo Tyres
By Nick Renaud-Komiya, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 14 October 2013 09:40AM
The Brooklyn Brothers have been appointed as the global creative agency of Apollo Tyres, which has a three-year sponsorship deal with the Premier League football team Manchester United.
The agency won the account after a multi-agency pitching process. It will be tasked with building the Indian tyre maker’s global brand across print, electronic and digital platforms.
The five-year-old creative agency, whose clients already include Land Rover, Jaguar and Rockstar Games, will also be put to work on Apollo’s partnership with the British football club.
Apollo hopes to use the football tie up to raise its brand awareness among potential business partners and consumer audiences in both markets.
On winning the Apollo Tyres account, Brooklyn Brothers’ planning partner, George Bryant, said Apollo Tyres is a "highly ambitious company" that continues to set "new benchmarks".
He said: "Together, we share a great passion for football and the value of 'people power' and we're really looking forward to working with Apollo Tyres and help them reach out to Manchester United’s 46 million followers in the UK and India."
Manchester United announced in August that Apollo would become its official Tyre Partner in the UK and India.
Marco Paracciani, the chief marketing officer at Apollo Tyres, said: "We were looking at having an agency on board who not only understands the automotive business, but is also in a position to work closely with us on this new phase of growth for Apollo Tyres.
"Their unique methodology –‘invite, activate, amplify’ – along with their community-focused approach on our association with Manchester United Football Club, led to their selection over others."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager (ALL MEDIA) Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Planner Dot-Gap Competitive, London (Greater)
- Affiliate Account Manager Dot-Gap £25k , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Media Operations Executive Dot-Gap £25k , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director: Liverpool Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Liverpool
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne