Epson reviews European creative and media accounts
Epson, the tech company most known for making printers, is reviewing its European creative and media account as it looks to enter the smartwatch market.
Epson is understood to have contacted both media agencies and creative agencies with a brief to market its existing printer products as well a smart watch that the company is developing. Epson is owned by Seiko Group, a Japanese company renowned for its watches.
Epson approached media agencies directly this week with the brief, with a spend of around £5 million a year. Carat Enterprise is the incumbent on the offline media planning and buying account.
Epson previously used Albion London for its creative work, but the pair parted ways over a conflict. Albion won the Epson’s pan-European ad account in 2009 after a competitive pitch against CMW and McCann London.
A spokesman for Albion said in a statement: "Albion has been delighted to work with Epson over the past four years.
"Due to some ambitious and potentially competitive new business projects we are currently working on we have decided not to work with Epson in the immediate future. We wish Epson every success and would like to thank them for the opportunity to work with them."
A spokeswoman for Epson would not comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- New Business Manager Beyond The Book £30,000-£40,000 +bonus+car, Derbyshire / Leicestershire / Lincolnshire / Northamptonshire / Nottinghamshire
- Marketing Manager Nu Creative Talent £26500.00 - £33000.00 per annum + excellent benefits, Hertfordshire
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Communications Executive Haymarket Media Group Dependant on Experience, Teddington, London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account