Ginsters appoints M&C Saatchi to £4m account
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 16 October 2013 12:12PM
Ginsters, the pasty brand, has appointed M&C Saatchi to its creative advertising account without a pitch as it plans to quadruple its media spend.
As Campaign reported, the brand split with incumbent Grey London in September, believed to be due to creative differences.
Ginsters, which sells savoury pastries and sandwiches, plans to ramp up its media spend in the coming year, from less than £1 million to £4 million.
Linda Evans, the sales and marketing director for Ginsters, said: "We have some very exciting plans for the Ginsters brand in 2014 so it was important to us that the creative partner we selected shared our vision and aspirations for the brand.
"M&C Saatchi demonstrated their clear ambitions to help us grow the brand still further and we very much look forward to working in partnership with them."
M&C Saatchi has begun work with immediate effect and will produce a new multimedia campaign.
Camilla Harrisson, who was promoted to chief executive of M&C Saatchi last month, said: "Ginsters is an iconic and much loved British brand with a fantastic heritage, big creative ambitions and exciting plans for growth – we are absolutely delighted to be working with them."
Grey created the £6.5 million "man plea" campaign that aimed to encourage men to eat its pasties as a hot meal.
Starcom Mediavest Group, Ginsters’ media agency, was not affected by the change.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Project Director - specialist integrated agency JEFFERSON £60-75k plus benefits dependent on experience, Based just outside Kingston Upon Thames
- Director Business Development - TRAVEL- HOTELS Ultimate Asset £60000 - £80000 per annum + BONUS & BENEFITS, City of London
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers