Ginsters appoints M&C Saatchi to £4m account
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 16 October 2013 12:12PM
Ginsters, the pasty brand, has appointed M&C Saatchi to its creative advertising account without a pitch as it plans to quadruple its media spend.
As Campaign reported, the brand split with incumbent Grey London in September, believed to be due to creative differences.
Ginsters, which sells savoury pastries and sandwiches, plans to ramp up its media spend in the coming year, from less than £1 million to £4 million.
Linda Evans, the sales and marketing director for Ginsters, said: "We have some very exciting plans for the Ginsters brand in 2014 so it was important to us that the creative partner we selected shared our vision and aspirations for the brand.
"M&C Saatchi demonstrated their clear ambitions to help us grow the brand still further and we very much look forward to working in partnership with them."
M&C Saatchi has begun work with immediate effect and will produce a new multimedia campaign.
Camilla Harrisson, who was promoted to chief executive of M&C Saatchi last month, said: "Ginsters is an iconic and much loved British brand with a fantastic heritage, big creative ambitions and exciting plans for growth – we are absolutely delighted to be working with them."
Grey created the £6.5 million "man plea" campaign that aimed to encourage men to eat its pasties as a hot meal.
Starcom Mediavest Group, Ginsters’ media agency, was not affected by the change.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Head of Ecommerce (8 month maternity contract) Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Events Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Brand Marketing Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £45000 - £50000 per annum + bonus and benefits, Milton Keynes
- Senior Digital Designer Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £38000 - £40000 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham