GSK kicks off global digital ad pitch
GlaxoSmithKline has put its global digital advertising account up for review.
The pharmaceutical giant has approached agencies directly through its procurement department to invite them to submit an RFI.
Sources said GSK, which works with in excess of 100 agencies on its digital account, is looking to streamline the business. Both roster and non-roster shops have been invited to participate.
Grey Worldwide handles the bulk of GSK’s UK advertising account.
The review follows the completion of a similar process for GSK’s global media planning and buying account. In September, the company split the estimated £1 billion business between Group M and Omnicom Media Group.
PHD retained the US business and also picked up Canadian and West African markets. Group M agencies were awarded the rest of the world, with MediaCom retaining the £60 million UK account.
The media process ended GSK’s relationship with Publicis Groupe’s Starcom and Dentsu’s Carat.
GSK recently offloaded its drinks brands Lucozade and Ribena to Suntory Beverages after a strategic review. The company has decided to focus on consumer health products, which span oral health, wellness, nutrition and skin health. Brands include Aquafresh, Sensodyne and Zovirax.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Account Director - Media Agency Silverdrum up to £48,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Insight Manager, Digital Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Global Digital Analyst Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Advertising Specialist Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum , West Midlands Region
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car Allowance, South East England
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad