GSK kicks off global digital ad pitch
GlaxoSmithKline has put its global digital advertising account up for review.
The pharmaceutical giant has approached agencies directly through its procurement department to invite them to submit an RFI.
Sources said GSK, which works with in excess of 100 agencies on its digital account, is looking to streamline the business. Both roster and non-roster shops have been invited to participate.
Grey Worldwide handles the bulk of GSK’s UK advertising account.
The review follows the completion of a similar process for GSK’s global media planning and buying account. In September, the company split the estimated £1 billion business between Group M and Omnicom Media Group.
PHD retained the US business and also picked up Canadian and West African markets. Group M agencies were awarded the rest of the world, with MediaCom retaining the £60 million UK account.
The media process ended GSK’s relationship with Publicis Groupe’s Starcom and Dentsu’s Carat.
GSK recently offloaded its drinks brands Lucozade and Ribena to Suntory Beverages after a strategic review. The company has decided to focus on consumer health products, which span oral health, wellness, nutrition and skin health. Brands include Aquafresh, Sensodyne and Zovirax.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Automotive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment Not specified, London
- Senior Digital Account Manager AF Selection £26,000 - £30,000, West Midlands
- Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £30k-£35k, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again
- Lidstone exits Havas amid restructure