Rockstar hires AnalogFolk for UK ad account
Rockstar, the energy drink, has appointed AnalogFolk to handle its UK advertising.
AnalogFolk won the account after a competitive pitch. Creativebrief helped manage the pitch, which was first revealled by Campaign in June.
AnalogFolk will be charged with created a multi-channel campaign that will attach the Rockstar brand to music content.
This is the first time that Rockstar has retained an agency in the UK. The brand previously deferred marketing to its UK distributor AG Barr’s in-house team.
Adrian Troy, the head of marketing at A.G. Barr, said: "Rockstar is one of the fastest growing brands in the soft drinks market and together with AnalogFolk we are seeking to build a marketing programme which builds a strong and enduring relationship with our growing number of drinkers."
Rockstar was created in 2001 in the US and sponsors a number of extreme sports athletes there – such as BMX and motocross riders – as well as models.
AG Barr acquired the distribution rights for the brand in the UK in 2007 and in 2012 extended its franchise agreement to 2024.
Rivals to Rockstar in the UK include energy drink brands such as Red Bull and Relentless.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior PPC Manager Direct Recruitment £27,000 -£33,000, London
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £35,000 - £39,000, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch