Proximity shows off free cake for 'my John Lewis' card
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 31 October 2013 11:40AM
Proximity London is today launching John Lewis' first loyalty card, 'my John Lewis', with a campaign showcasing the rewards on offer including free tea and cake every month.
The loyalty scheme, managed in-house by the department store, rolls out nationally this week after a trial launch last year.
It offers rewards such as events, prize draws and food and drink, rather than the traditional points-based scheme used by many loyalty cards.
The launch creative from Proximity includes the design of the ‘my John Lewis’ card and point-of-sale posters.
One poster features hands wrapped around a cup of coffee above a plate of cake, with the tagline, "inviting you in". Another focuses on a photograph of a slice of cake with the line, "your vouchers", acknowledging the rewards-based approach of the card.
Proximity has also created a welcome pack for the scheme, leaflets and direct mail and emails. The agency picked up the John Lewis CRM account in May after a four-way pitch.
The "my John Lewis" card will tailor rewards to its customers' interests, using data, and marks a move by the retailer to encourage loyalty and gather more information on its shoppers.
The art director for the work was Jo Jenkins and the copywriter was Sally Skinner.
John Lewis trialled the reward scheme last year, following in the footsteps of sister brand Waitrose and rival retailers Tesco and Boots.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Retail Space Analyst Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + car + benefits, Nottinghamshire
- Strategy Director Rare Selection Upto £90K + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned