Proximity shows off free cake for 'my John Lewis' card
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 31 October 2013 11:40AM
Proximity London is today launching John Lewis' first loyalty card, 'my John Lewis', with a campaign showcasing the rewards on offer including free tea and cake every month.
The loyalty scheme, managed in-house by the department store, rolls out nationally this week after a trial launch last year.
It offers rewards such as events, prize draws and food and drink, rather than the traditional points-based scheme used by many loyalty cards.
The launch creative from Proximity includes the design of the ‘my John Lewis’ card and point-of-sale posters.
One poster features hands wrapped around a cup of coffee above a plate of cake, with the tagline, "inviting you in". Another focuses on a photograph of a slice of cake with the line, "your vouchers", acknowledging the rewards-based approach of the card.
Proximity has also created a welcome pack for the scheme, leaflets and direct mail and emails. The agency picked up the John Lewis CRM account in May after a four-way pitch.
The "my John Lewis" card will tailor rewards to its customers' interests, using data, and marks a move by the retailer to encourage loyalty and gather more information on its shoppers.
The art director for the work was Jo Jenkins and the copywriter was Sally Skinner.
John Lewis trialled the reward scheme last year, following in the footsteps of sister brand Waitrose and rival retailers Tesco and Boots.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Client/Media Agency role -Business Director -Publishing Client Ultimate Asset £65000 - £70000 per annum + great benefits package, City of London
- Senior Agency Sales - Video Advertising Aspire £40000 - £60000 per annum + 50% commission, London
- Account Director - Off Oxford Street Agency Fill Recruitment to £55k + great benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 p.a., London (Central), London (Greater)
- Age UK launches 'no friends' ads in response to Facebook campaign
- Fold7 splits with Gocompare.com amid talk of Gio Compario's return
- Pizza Hut launches Classic Crust with TV campaign
- Lurpak rolls out jazz teaser by Juan Cabral
- Kate Robertson steps down from Havas
- Ronseal claims to ditch 'does exactly what it says on the tin' strapline