Manning Gottlieb wins £2m Odeon media account
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 01 November 2013 11:45AM
Manning Gottlieb OMD has won the £2 million Odeon media planning and buying account after a four-way pitch.
The pitch for the cinema chain’s business was handled by the intermediary Creativebrief, as Campaign revealed in May.
The account moves from MEC after eight years. MEC is thought to have been approached but did not pitch for the business.
Manning Gottlieb will now work to support Odeon’s plan to grow admissions, revenue and market share against competitors such as Vue and Cineworld, and will focus on broadening Odeon’s use of technology for the work.
Odeon had endured a challenging year in 2012, with turnover falling two per cent to £671 million, in line with a drop in cinema attendance.
Andy Edge, commercial director at Odeon, said: "I am looking forward to working with the talented team at Manning Gottlieb OMD as we look to further develop Odeon’s future media strategy, and I am confident that it will prove to be an extremely effective partnership."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Junior-Middleweight Designer (Wayfinding & Information Design) Major Players £25000 - £30000 per annum, South West London
- Trainee Headhunter - Marketing Jarlett de Grouchy £21000 per annum + 30k OTE in first year, London
- Graphic Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment On application , Bath
- Creative Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment On application , Oxfordshire
- Senior Marketing Manager - Retail Campaigns Sky Negotiable, West London
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- Gogglebox stars encourage viewers to vote