Manning Gottlieb wins £2m Odeon media account
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 01 November 2013 11:45AM
Manning Gottlieb OMD has won the £2 million Odeon media planning and buying account after a four-way pitch.
The pitch for the cinema chain’s business was handled by the intermediary Creativebrief, as Campaign revealed in May.
The account moves from MEC after eight years. MEC is thought to have been approached but did not pitch for the business.
Manning Gottlieb will now work to support Odeon’s plan to grow admissions, revenue and market share against competitors such as Vue and Cineworld, and will focus on broadening Odeon’s use of technology for the work.
Odeon had endured a challenging year in 2012, with turnover falling two per cent to £671 million, in line with a drop in cinema attendance.
Andy Edge, commercial director at Odeon, said: "I am looking forward to working with the talented team at Manning Gottlieb OMD as we look to further develop Odeon’s future media strategy, and I am confident that it will prove to be an extremely effective partnership."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Field Manager - Experiential Agency - up to £34k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £34k, west london
- Digital Lead with Integrated Agency Gemini Search £60000 - £75000 per annum, City of London
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads