Iceland appoints Karmarama for 'I'm A Celeb' idents
Karmarama has won the brief to create idents for Iceland as part of the supermarket's sponsorship of ITV's 'I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!'.
The independent agency pitched against The Tom Reddy Agency, which has worked with Iceland on ads such as the recent "maybe it's time we met" spot and older activity starring Kerry Katona, the ex-Atomic Kitten singer.
Iceland is entering its eighth year of sponsoring the reality programme, which stars celebrities living in a jungle and completing tasks to remain in the show. The 2013 series begins on Sunday 17 November.
The appointment marks the first time Karmarama has worked with Iceland. The agency will create idents that showcase the supermarket’s Christmas party food range.
The films will mirror the content of the show, timed to reflect different stages of the programme such as individual tasks and the announcement of the winner.
Alison Laverick, the head of marketing at Iceland, said: "Having sponsored the show for the past seven years, we are constantly looking for new creative ideas to keep our sponsorship fun and engaging for viewers.
"This year's idents showcase food aspiration within scenes that link back to the events and scenarios that play out through the course of the show."
MediaCom North is Iceland's retained media planning and buying agency.
‘I’m A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!’ is presented by Ant and Dec and will run for three weeks.
Last year’s idents, created by Beta, promoted Iceland’s Christmas party food. The set of 15 clips featured a couple pretending to live the life of celebrities and used the tagline "Treat yourself like a Celebrity".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Marketing & Communications Manager, Luxury Leisure Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: excellent benefits, South West London
- Sales Director - Action Sports Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + BONUS & BENEFITS, London
- Sales Manager- Ad-technology Ultimate Asset £38000 - £50000 per annum + INCREDIBLE COMMISSION, London
- Senior Digital Marketing Executive PFJ £25000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, City of London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity