Iceland appoints Karmarama for 'I'm A Celeb' idents
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 04 November 2013 11:27AM
Karmarama has won the brief to create idents for Iceland as part of the supermarket's sponsorship of ITV's 'I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!'.
The independent agency pitched against The Tom Reddy Agency, which has worked with Iceland on ads such as the recent "maybe it's time we met" spot and older activity starring Kerry Katona, the ex-Atomic Kitten singer.
Iceland is entering its eighth year of sponsoring the reality programme, which stars celebrities living in a jungle and completing tasks to remain in the show. The 2013 series begins on Sunday 17 November.
The appointment marks the first time Karmarama has worked with Iceland. The agency will create idents that showcase the supermarket’s Christmas party food range.
The films will mirror the content of the show, timed to reflect different stages of the programme such as individual tasks and the announcement of the winner.
Alison Laverick, the head of marketing at Iceland, said: "Having sponsored the show for the past seven years, we are constantly looking for new creative ideas to keep our sponsorship fun and engaging for viewers.
"This year's idents showcase food aspiration within scenes that link back to the events and scenarios that play out through the course of the show."
MediaCom North is Iceland's retained media planning and buying agency.
‘I’m A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!’ is presented by Ant and Dec and will run for three weeks.
Last year’s idents, created by Beta, promoted Iceland’s Christmas party food. The set of 15 clips featured a couple pretending to live the life of celebrities and used the tagline "Treat yourself like a Celebrity".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager - Fantastic London Agency Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: Great agency benefits , London
- Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Head of Social - Top London Agency Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment 70000, London
- Digital Director - Integrated Entertainment Marketing Agency - London - £50k - £60k - NP205 Stonor £50k - £60k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager (ALL MEDIA) Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne